Coordinates the cost accounting function of Country Life, LLC. Responsible for the proper valuation of Country Life inventory. Drives process improvements to accurately account for inventory movement and inventory valuation.
Over 5,000 active inventory SKU’s and over $80 million in costed transactions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a cost accounting system.
- Compiles month end inventory and prepares journal entry to record same.
- Determines monthly inventory reserve requirements by reviewing excess, slow moving and /or expiring items, and recommends actions to be taken.
- Identifies and analyzes material (e.g. purchase price), labor and overhead variances in order to establish proper rates.
- Drives effort to improve processes and procedures to accurately account for inventory movement and inventory valuation.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory records by monitoring adjustments to perpetual balances.
- Reviews inventory costs for accuracy.
- Conducts cost studies of new and existing products and creates new items (SKUs) in AccuTerm.
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory problems and proposes solutions.
- Assists in the monthly, quarterly and year-to-date analysis of financial reporting results relating to gross profit through the development of reports (i.e. Sales Price Volume Variance, Effect of Raw Material Cost Changes).
- Conducts physical inventories.
- Coordinates year-end audit as it relates to inventory and cost accounting.
- Assists in the monthly closing activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational symposia; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Satisfactory completion of appropriate corporate training as related to the position and/or department.
- Assures compliance by following Food and Drug Agency's Good Manufacturing Practices as well as other regulatory standards as required by the department.
- Contributes to overall achievement by accomplishing related tasks and demonstrating characteristics that exemplify team building and support.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
Experience and Skills:
- Five years experience in general accounting, including three years in cost accounting.
- Computer experience: Excel (advanced skills required), Word and Outlook software. Experience with Pick system a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills required.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
All responses must include salary expectations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.