Position Summary: Testing pharmaceuticals, vitamins and herbal products using HPLC, ICP, FTIT, NIR, UV-VIS and wet chemistry per USP, AOAC, FCC, BP (British Pharmacopeia) and internal procedures. Properly disposes of waste chemicals based on OSHA requirements.
Position Scope: Handles approximately 15 - 35 analytical tests per week
- Works with lab instruments, e.g. HPLC, AA, PDA, RI detection methods, ICP and ICP-MS to perform analytical tests. Also works with chemicals and reagent solvents during the day.
- Records the raw data and results from scientific test results.
- Reports any lab instruments malfunction to Lab Manager.
- Prepares and files all Quality Control documents, e.g. Certificate of Analysis (COA) Deviations, Out of Specification (OOS) reports.
- Reviews testing and notebooks to prepare bulk product release.
- Conducts daily calibration of balances and Ph meter. Calibrates an expiration date for all product labels based on shelf life expectancy.
- Disposes of waste chemicals appropriately.
- Checks raw materials and finished product potencies.
- Proper disposal of expired raw materials, in-process and finished goods (final batches). Coordinates such activities with Safety Manager.
- Prepares samples for shipment to outside testing laboratory.
- Assists in the inventory of supplies and upkeep of laboratory and laboratory machinery.
- Preparation of purchase orders, receipt of supplies, and interfacing with other departments to expedite these functions.
- Clean working space, desk, equipment/glassware and whole lab.
- Qualification and maintenance of primary and secondary standards of raw material and finished products.
- Maintains R&D raw material inventory, laboratory notebooks, equipment logs and maintenance schedules.
- Prepares specification for raw materials and finished products. Conducts in process testing of manufactured samples.
- Conducts minor repairs of lab instruments and other apparatus.
- Supports the preparation, manufacture, evaluation and documentation of new or modified R&D in-process and finished products associated with Country Life formulations, e.g., tablets, capsules and powders.
- Writes detailed scientific instructions and lab procedures.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times as stipulated by SOPs. e.g. respirator, ear plugs, hair net, beard cover and lab coat.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. Position requires considerable standing on lab floor.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational symposia; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Satisfactory completion of appropriate corporate training as related to the position and/or department.
- Assures compliance by following Food and Drug Administration's Good Manufacturing Practices (FDA cGMPs / GLPs) as well as other regulatory standards as required by the department.
- Contributes to overall achievement by accomplishing related tasks and demonstrating characteristics that exemplify team building and support.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
Experience and Skills:
- Three years of Pharmaceutical lab experience and good familiarity with HPLC, ICP and ICP-MS as well as good mechanical aptitude.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of PC software, MS Office, Word, Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Chemistry background as well as practical application of the technical knowledge.
- Excellent understanding and attitude towards cGMP and GLP, which will increase with job level.
Education and Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry
About Country Life, LLC:
Since our founding in 1971, we have always been passionate about providing you with the opportunity to achieve great health. Throughout our 40+ year history as a leader in the natural health industry, weâve reached a number of milestones in the pursuit of helping you reach a healthier, happier you.About Country Life:
1971 â Country Life is founded on Long Island, New York.
1992 â Country Life acquires Desert EssenceÂÂ® and expands into new health and beauty categories with all-natural botanicals and pure ingredients from across the globe.
1994 â Country Life is a leader in efforts to pass the DSHEA (the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act).
1997 â BioChemÂÂ® proteins arBioChemÂÂ® proteins are introduced for the active individuals among us.e introduced for the active individuals among us.
1998 â Our brand new manufacturing facility opens in Hauppauge, New York.
1999 â We acquire the Iron-TekÂÂ® supplement brand, expanding our support for the serious athlete.
2008 â Country Life becomes the first supplement company to be certified as entirely gluten-free.
2011 â Country Life celebrates 40 years as an industry leader by becoming one of the largest vitamin and supplement companies to receive NSF-GMP certification for our manufacturing and distribution facilities.
2012 â Country Lifeâs manufacturing facility receives USDA Organic manufacturing certification.
Country LifeÂÂ® Vitamins
The founding brand of our Country Life family, We have been providing you with whole goodness through our nutritional supplements for over 40 years. A wealth of trusted choices for your healthy day-to-day living, our products are always of the highest quality and purity due to our continued commitment to ensure our products uphold our pledge of integrity. Our vitamins are packaged in iconic amber glass for maximum freshness and product integrity, so you can feel good about treating yourself well with Country Life Vitamins.
Our complete line of everyday fitness products to help the individual who chooses to stay active. BioChemâs Whey protein powders are made from vegan and raw foods, and are always artificial hormone-free.
Our full line of cutting-edge protein powders to aid the serious athleteâs workout and bodybuilderâs state of mind.
You already take care of the inside of your body with Country Life Vitamins. Desert Essence is here to help you take care of the outside as well. A full range of top-of-the-line body wash, body care, face care, hair care, deodorant and dental care products, all based on all-natural botanicals.