The Social Media Manager will assist in the development and help manage implementation of the Council for Professional Recognition’s Social Media marketing and communications strategies to support a comprehensive 2017 Strategic Plan to increase brand awareness and engagement with targeted audiences; identify and develop relationships with customers, key stakeholders, and early childhood educators and policy influencers, coordinate with partners and advocacy groups, and expand programs nationally and internationally.
Responsibilities of the Job include:
· Work cross-functionally with other departments to develop and execute social media campaigns that enhance the association’s brand and content relevance, online and overall reputation as a leader in early childhood education; to improve customer service.
· Oversee and manage social media content creation, production, posting, online conversations, and real-time event social media across social networking platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
· Manage social media day-to-day presence – social media calendar including, but not limited to, advocacy, writing and utilizing editorial/social copy, promotions, and listening and reactive response.
· Encourage adoption of relevant new and emerging social media techniques into the company culture to benefit the company’s brand, products and services.
· Monitor and use effective metrics and benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns; analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to achieve results as defined by the goals in the Council’s 2017-2020 Strategic Plan.
· Use social media data to create a better understanding of the early childhood education consumer, policymakers, stakeholders and influencers engagement strategies to influence these audiences’ behavior through social media and other digital channels.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Four (6) years of experience in Marketing, Digital Media, Advertising or Public Relations; including two (2) years Social Media or Community Management experience.
· Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of traditional and interactive branding, communications, planning, and internal/external communication channels. Consumer and business-to-business CRM, social media management and measurement software (e.g. Hootsuite or other) and website content required.
· Strong emphasis on project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple, work in a team, maintain timelines and meet scheduled deadlines. Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
· Working knowledge of Hootsuite or similar platform, Google Analytics required.
About the Council for Professional Recognition
The Council for Professional Recognition (the Council), headquartered in Washington, DC, was founded in 1985. The Council promotes improved performance and recognition of professionals in the early childhood education of children aged birth to 5 years and works to ensure that all professional early childhood educators and caregivers meet the developmental, emotional, and educational needs of our nation's youngest children.
The Council operates the Child Development Associate® (CDA) National Credentialing Program and administers the CDA credential. The CDA Program is designed to provide performance-based training, assessment and credentialing of early child care staff, who work in all types of early care and education programs - Head Start, pre-k, infant-toddler, family child care, and home visitor programs. The Council sets policies and procedures for assessment and credentialing, publishes the Competency Standards and other materials used for CDA credentialing, administers the assessment, and awards the CDA credential.
The CDA is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE) and is a key stepping stone on the path of career advancement in ECE. Over 300,000 educators have received their CDAs in preschool, infant/toddler, family child care and home visiting.
The Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected status.
Posted 16 days ago