About the Job:
Senior, Account Executive -- Fast growing, well established Boutique Employee Benefit Firm This is a wonderful opportunity to get involved with a fast growing employee benefits firm that embraces technology and is forward thinking. The role of the full-time Sr. Account Consultant at CBG Benefits, Inc. will provide the opportunity for an experienced account consultant to enter into a dynamic role with the ability to immediately impact their Customer base and contribute to the company's success.
While managing a small client base of roughly 8-10 key accounts; responsibilities will include complete management of a book of business featuring large group accounts with a mix of fully & self-insured medical business. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining up-to-date client files, renewal proposals, distribution of pertinent legal and compliance materials. The right individual for this position will be highly motivated and organized, eager to learn, technically-savvy, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities:
• Responsible for the maintenance of the client relationships in their book of business
• Manage the annual planning process to ensure that the client's employee benefits programs support the client's financial and organization goals
• Prepare and assemble all material for client presentations including spreadsheets, benefit summary's and benefit comparisons etc.
• Use consultative insight to support decisions for change- Specific tasks will include; program benchmarking/demographic analysis, analysis of claims utilization data, financial underwriting review, cost projection reporting and renewal management.
• Act as primary client contact for Renewal's, RFP Process, Presentation Preparation Utilize the agency client management system Maintain accurate client files in shared drive and CMS
• Keep producers/brokers informed of all client related pertinent information Establish client visitation schedule to meet with each assigned client
• Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to clients, producers and company personnel.
• Recommending additional lines of coverage to existing clients
• Coordinate and manage all benefit & wellness fairs
• Manage benefit/product/carrier conversations
• Attend new client and introductory meetings when required
• Assist clients with solving their insurance related problems
Minimum 6 years of insurance industry experience related to servicing large complex, employee benefits accounts preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred with an insurance related degree a plus.
• State Life and Health required and professional Certification/Designation (GBA, PHR, CEBS) preferred
• Four or more years of analytical analysis of employee benefit programs & claims analysis preferred, general underwriting experience a plus.
o Intermediate to advanced knowledge of: (1) insurance products, (2) bid preparation and analysis, and (3) problem claim resolution to specifically include the following:
o Intimate knowledge of Self-Funded Group Medical Plans & Claims Analysis
o Intimate knowledge of Consumer-driven healthcare, wellness, disease management, and current trends
o Understanding of the regulatory environment of employee benefits plans Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited to no supervision.
• Ability to handle and resolve client related issues.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities.
• Computer skills must include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet
Not required but very helpful - Experience with the Zywave Suite of Products: Brokerage Builder, Broker Briefcase, Decision Master Warehouse, Plan Advisor and HR Connection
CBG Benefits Group, Inc. is conveniently located in Woburn, MA. We are a fast growing employee benefits firm that embraces technology and is forward thinking. We have a team of knowledgeable industry executives who thrive on servicing our customers by delivering employee benefits programs that meet the needs of our client organizations. We provide thoughtful strategic planning, valuable professional service, and technology based solutions that result in sustained customer satisfaction.
Other applicants: 20+
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted date: 14 days ago