Posted 2 years ago in Education
The Principal acts in an advisory capacity to the Site Director in all matters pertaining to Educational Services. He/She serves as the chief administrator of the Education Department in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member. The Principal ensures that instructional objectives for a given subject and/or classroom are developed, and involves the faculty and others in the development of specific curricular objectives to meet the needs of the school program. The Principal reports to the Program Director and supervises staff in Education, Vocation and Resource, Information Technology and the Athletic Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OPERATIONS:
1. Develops, implements, manages and modifies the Site Education program. Responsible for:
a. Education Department operations, policies and procedures.
b. Educational/vocational departments.
c. Safety, health and welfare as it relates to the Education Department, staff and students.
d. Serves as a management member for site Management Meetings.
e. Oversees delivery of the Client Educational Services.
f. Ensures program facilities are safe, clean and well maintained.
g. Maintains and improves athletic programming and recreational facilities.
h. Oversees development and implementation of curriculum.
2. Manages and oversees school administrative functions. Responsible for: a. Student records/registrar.
3. Ensures the growth and development of program technology.
1. In conjunction with the Program Director, provides proper management and allocations of site budget as it relates to:
a. Education department staffing, logistics, supplies, etc.
b. Management of stipends relating to extra-curricular activities.
a. Site Finance Committee Member.
b. Biannual budget recommendations and implementation
c. Education Department Position Control Roster.
d. Manage and audit Education Department expenditures.
1. Provides management and leadership knowledge, skills and abilities to the Education Department as outlined in the site organizational charts.
Primarily responsible for:
a. Training and continuous development and growth of staff (Pre-service, Operations, OJT and In-service) to ensure staff are knowledgeable and understand all procedures.
b. Employee evaluations. Reviews staff professional goals and objectives on a quarterly basis.
c. Discipline and/or corrective action.
d. Investigations relating to allegations of violations relating to Equal Employment Opportunity, harassment, safety, discrimination, violation of policies and procedures, conduct, ethics and ROP norms and culture (as a minimum).
2. Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained within established Position Control Roster standards for the Education Department. Manages the following: .
a. Selection and staffing.
b. Retention initiatives and goals
3. Promotes positive communications and interactions between Education and other departments.
1. As directed, performs any other duties as assigned.
2. Ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff and students at all times.
3. Ability to work with and support staff and students in a Residential Court School environment. Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and students when needed.
4. Models and ensures all program norms are upheld without compromise.
5. Acts as a positive role model and mentor for both staff and students.
6. Treats others with respect, confronts negative behavior and supports confrontation.
7. Participates in Site, Region and/or Company community events as required.
8. Participates in site tours for community and state officials.
9. Participates in the rotation of the Administrator on Duty assignment when required.
1. Possesses Credential in School Administration. Teaching certification (any state), ability to obtain a Special Education certification and a minimum of three years of teaching experience.
2. Master’s Degree in Special Education, School Administration or closely related field.
3. Successful administrative experience in developing curriculum, fostering a healthy work environment to stimulate a positive and productive workplace, demonstrated experience in developing program databases used for making program decisions necessary for program improvement.
4. Demonstrated success in court/community/alternative education settings in all areas of program implementation.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, work with and support staff and students in an alternative school environment. A minimum of 5 years of staff supervisory experience.
6. Knowledge of educational resource programs; education standards; CSAP, Woodcock Johnson Cognitive and Educational testing procedures, curriculum, supervision, learning theories, classroom management, juvenile justice system and the adjudication process, understanding of where the site and ROP fall in the treatment continuum for court adjudicated youth, integrated curriculum design, relationship between academics and vocational training and utilizing multiple measures to report on student achievement, computer applications that relate to the development and implementation of technology within the educational program and overall organization.
7. Ability to work in a cooperative and collaborative manner and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
A working knowledge of the Positive Peer Culture behavior modification program.
9. Knowledge of Clinical Supervision and effective classroom management strategies; court school operations and community transition; and knowledge of core curriculum and curriculum development.
10. Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interview potential employees.
11. If required to operate a company vehicle during the course of employment, must meet the requirements to be an eligible ROP driver. Must possess a current State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
12. Strong knowledge of overall company operations and policies and procedures.
13. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
14. Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
15. Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
16. Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence.
17. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
18. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
19. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with the possibility of a varied schedule.
20. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
21. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
22. Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
23. Ability to provide exemplary customer service to all employees and outside constituents.
24. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
25. Proficient in the use of computers and associated software. Knowledge of computer applications that relate to the development and implementation of technology within the educational program and overall organization.
WORK CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This section identifies "Physical Requirements" of a particular job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others in the workplace, because physical requirements cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation, will not be considered qualified for employment. Notify the Human Resources Manager if you require any accommodation(s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
$70,000-$100,000 annual plus relocation pkg
Browse principal jobs in New Orleans, Louisiana:
ASAP Employment Services, Inc. - New Orleans, LA
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Global Recruiters of Huntsville - New Orleans, Louisiana
Posted 2 days ago on Resume Library
Collegiate Academies - New Orleans, LA
Posted 1 month ago on iHire