A growing sourcing company located in Pittsburgh, PA is currently seeking a Controller.The Controller will serve as a key member of the leadership team supporting the global manufacturing operation, with a distinct focus on financial planning and analysis activities for the Company. This role reports directly to the owner.
We are looking for someone who is able to lead and contribute to a growing company. We need someone with a CFO mind and strong leadership qualities who is able to excel at strengthening the business both operationally and financially.
· Responsible for providing insightful analysis and focused business decision support to influence operations and drive enhanced business performance.
· Prepare Operations financial reports with key metrics & make recommendations for improvements.
· Responsible for appraising operations financial performance, key projects / initiatives and managing the budgeting and forecasting process
· Responsible for cost accounting, variance analysis, reporting, internal controls, analyzing variances, developing an action plans.
· Develop financial models to support long-term business planning (e.g. gross margin model and mix analysis)
· Ensure the appropriate financial controls are in place to protect and preserve company assets
· Establish appropriate financial dashboard to provide visibility into key organizational goals
· Engage with team to interpret key operating metrics (variances, cost/margin analysis, etc) - and recommend appropriate action
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of the Company in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
· Actively participate and drive the annual company long term strategic plans and ensure translation into annual financial plans and investments targets.
· Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
· Provide financial decision support (e.g. operations decision support, cost control) to management team in order to maximize the value of efficiency in our cost structure and balance sheet.
· Continuously seeks to streamline department’s processes and looks for ways of improving efficiencies; eliminate non-value added work.
· Must analyze situations to make recommendations as well as modify procedures to solve problems. Implement processes and procedures to improve financial controls.
· Takes all necessary steps to remedy problems after its proper identification has been completed. Follows up on implementation of Operations Finance recommended improvements behind strong strategic and financial plans for our brands
· Develop and mentor direct reports, providing leadership and continuous coaching in order to ensure high performance behavior and results
· Explanation and reporting of monthly variances and lead projects to improve business processes
· Ensure monthly account analysis is properly and timely performed and provides feedback to owner.
· Supervise budget development, financial reporting and systems management, while driving business processes to improve efficiency and meet organization goals.
· Analysis of all inventory, sales, cost of sales, variances, expenses to general ledger accounts
· Ensure adequate internal controls are maintained to safeguard inventory and equipment, provide accurate financial records, and achieve standards consistent with Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting (CPA certification desirable)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years of accounting and financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment. Current experience in a similar Controller role preferred.
· Strong documentation, organizational and follow-up skills. Accounting mindset with operational experience
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills - as well as excellent business acumen
· Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with leadership staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial and operational management strategies.
· Ability to think strategically, turn information into effective strategies and drive results, yet willing and able to act tactically to execute activities
· Can objectively interpret research, extract insights, link to strategies, and communicate in a motivating way
· Highly self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance
· Ability to effectively utilize computerized spreadsheets to conduct analyses
· Strong depth of knowledge and experience with Business Finance – AR, AP, financial reporting, financial planning
· Requires strong managerial, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, professional, decision making and mathematical skills.
· Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change