Our client, a manufacturing company located in Central NJ, is looking for a Project Product Development Manager. Position Summary
Responsible for the development of new products and manufacturing processes through management of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process, resulting in delivery of robust products and processes to the manufacturing department and end-user customers. Provides leadership to the New Process Development team to coordinate and manage projects for new and existing manufacturing processes.Essential Job Functions
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Manage the APQP process for new programs.
- Interact with customers and other technical personnel to assist with the development and design of the product and processes to improve functionality and manufacturability.
- Measure, document, and report efficiency, cost, and quality improvement.
- Identify and select equipment and technologies to be used for new products and processes.
- Monitor group to ensure that all equipment/tooling is designed per customers specifications.
- Conduct FMEA, DOE, SPC analysis and use other quality tools to fulfill customer requirements and manufacturing initiatives.
- Interface with Design Engineering, Product Development, Process Engineering and Tool Room departments to improve output, efficiency and quality of products.
- Provide technical guidance and direction for manufacturing.
- Provide input to the production controls system and design controls activities.
- Enable quality initiatives as they relate to the customer, corporate objectives, quality planning, the quality policy, process improvement and new business goals and objectives. Communicate with customers, suppliers and other resources in order to achieve these objectives.
- Participate in research and development activities in terms of process implementation and validation of processes/products, process improvement and metrics.
- Write detailed work instruction-level documents for manufacturing operations and related areas.
- Develop and submit validation packages for customer approval of new parts, design modifications and/or process changes.
- Develop and evaluate inspection methods and measurement capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from a four-year college or university.
- 5 years or more of related experience.
- Experience in managing projects from start to finish.
- Automated equipment conceptualization and design experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Medical device experience is a plus.
Consultnetworx is a national staffing firm that provides consultants, temp to hire, and full time employees to small/medium/ large companies in the areas of Human Resources, IT, Pharmaceutical, Corporate Support, Sales and Finance.
The Consultnetworx team prides itself on its personal, innovative and hands-on approach to business, with a focus on creative sourcing and cultivating client relationships. We call it Xtreme Recruiting-- and it works! Our firm has excellent recruiting metrics to prove it: 93% of the positions we search for are effectively filled by our team, 98% of our consultants successfully COMPLETE their assignments and 95% of first-time clients become repeat customers.
Not fully satisfied with the so-called advanced sourcing capabilities of internet job boards and niche sites, our principals had a transformative idea ... to enhance Consultnetworx by building a vast personal network of professional contacts, one relationship at a time. We launched a sister company, Speednetworx, and started hosting unique and exciting live speed networking events. As the popularity of these events grew, so did Consultnetworx. Today, our business boasts an ever-growing network of highly-coveted, passive talent that our competition can not offer you.
Our recruiters are required to have both in-house and staffing agency experience. In this way, they can fully understand the need of our clients as well as our candidates, recognize the contrasts (and characteristics) of different corporate cultures and align companies and employees for a mutually beneficial fit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Disclaimer
Consultnetworx is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era military service, or any other basis on which discrimination is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.