Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Sales Manager Jobs in San Joaquin, CA
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for the right person! We want someone who thinks like an owner, understands and helps drive the “big picture,” and who can dive into the details when needed.
- Drive sales and ensure the entire team is working to move product while maximizing return to the grower.
- Build long-term Grower relationships and provide the best possible service to meet client needs and expectations.
- Communicate sales trends, inventory, quality and/or trouble issues, etc. to Grower
- Responsible for returns and moving inventory
- Build long-term customer relationships and provide top customer service
- Develop a sales plan (in advance) within the team to coordinate customer placement, prices, communication, product movement and trouble settlement
- Coordinate product allocation across the sales team
- Ensure product is placed with strategic customers
- Provide consistent, regular communication to sales team (re: deal as it progresses)
- Coordinate company product deals and/or programs
- Share customer needs and industry trends with our other office’s Sales Manager and the President
- Look at customers’ needs and coordinate the implementation of packaging concepts, as well as future Company opportunities
- Set the product price while approving any exceptions – including all adjustments (trouble and price)
- Work cooperatively with Sales Associates, Support Team and Accounting to process transactions accurately and efficiently and to assure the timely collection of accounts
- In-depth understanding of market conditions, supply and demand and how to manage our sales to best service our customers, grow our business, and maximize returns to the growers.
- Proven abilities in fresh produce sales and leadership
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical: Ability to analyze sales data and make decisions accordingly
- Self-motivated; Strong, confident personality with a “can-do” attitude
- Some travel required
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic leader with a strong work ethic who comes to us with a positive mental attitude and a “take charge” personality. You are looking not for a job but a career. You want to become a contributing member of our team while inspiring others with your leadership qualities. You have the experience and strength to mentor and guide our sales team while earning respect from your peers. It is important that you are open, honest and forthcoming with your business decisions – good or bad. Ideally, you have a diverse produce background that includes experience with both Sales and Growers.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Is open, not defensive and easy to approach
- Earns the confidence, trust and respect of others
- Communicates in an open and honest way
- Builds consensus - solicits input and discusses options with people affected before making decision
- Keeps others informed, communicates expectations and shares information
- Listens actively and understands others views and needs
- Supports, promotes and models values such as service, integrity and relationships
- Balances entrepreneurial spirit with the needs of others and the vision of the company
- Shows a strong work ethic and commitment to Company goals
- Leads by example, and with a can-do attitude
- Treats Growers as business partners
- Listens actively to external and internal customers
- Continuously searches for better ways to service customers
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to make good, sound business decisions within a dynamic and changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal relations skills – able to establish, build, and maintain business relationships
- Excellent knowledge & skills with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; Internet skills; PowerPoint a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Beneficial to have Table Grapes experience and experience in Latin America
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Sales Manager jobs in San Joaquin, California:
Media Sales Executive NEW!
Best Version Media in Caruthers, CA
Posted 4 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Sales Rep, Ind.
Rain for Rent in San Joaquin, CA
Posted 1 month ago on Beyond
Sales & Marketing Account Executive | Entry Level & Full Time
Castle Aura Enterprise in Kerman, CA
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter