Senior Java Web Developer
Financial Services - Commercial Banking
Information Technology - Developer
United States - Virginia - McLean
The Compensation $115k
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Responsible for providing technical consulting to the business and IT teams. Application development responsibilities are minimal and secondary to the technical consulting role. Coordinate with the various IT infrastructure teams to implement external and internal facing systems. Work as a project coordinator between the business and the IT teams to plan, execute, control and monitor various project activities. Communicate project status, issues and risks to the business and IT stake holders. Provide comprehensive guidance on technical solutions and design. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team. Works under limited direction & independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often performs project leadership role. Interacts with the senior customer personnel on technical matters, and frequently coordinate across organizational lines.
College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically have 5-7 years related experience and 2+ years of project management experience.
- Job requires a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience and 7+ years of experience in leading the systems and application development efforts.
- Strong technical consulting background is required.
- Superior communications skills, comfortable with working with middle and senior management
- Strong presentation & facilitation skills are required.
- Good understanding of Technology Services organization, operations, processes and procedures.
- Must possess customer relationship management skills and be able to influence across all levels of the organization including Senior Management.
- Good understanding of End User Computing (EUC) systems development & implementation.
- Experience in ETL development and implementation is required.
- Understanding of Microstrategy development & implementation.
- Experience in customer performance metrics and data analysis.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical details and manage complex technical integrations.
- Ability to drive resolution of complex technical problems associated with system development, integration & implementation.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills and experience with project delivery
- Experience in application development using technologies like WebLogic, J2EE, JMS, JSP, Unix, DB2, WebMethods & other distributed technologies
- Demonstrated experience creating work environment that encourages innovation and improvement; show willingness to try different approaches and explore alternative solutions.
- Technical project coordinator/manger experience is preferred.
- Mortgage and/or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Prior company experience is a plus.
- Experience with COTS products development is a plus
More About the Position
Visa Candidates Considered - Yes
5+ to 7 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.