: Principal Systems Engineer Rochester NY
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code - RFCD11121023
Harris RF Communications is the leading global supplier of secure radio communications and embedded high-grade encryption solutions for military, government and commercial organizations and a leading supplier of assured communications systems and equipment for public safety, utility and transportation markets, with products ranging from the most advanced IP voice and data networks to por and mobile single and multiband radios.
Develop communications solutions around complex tactical radio systems and IP network solutions that satisfy specific customer requirements for critical wireless communications. Working as an individual contributor and/or supervising a team of engineers.
• Design systems utilizing Harris or other vendor equipment, and often include HF, VHF, UHF, microwave, data, IP networks and/or custom design peripheral subsystems in both voice and data applications integrated into a variety of platforms and systems.
• Requires experience with design and integration of electronics and communications equipment into platforms and larger military tactical systems.
• Lead discussions with engineers, sales, consultants, vendors and other Harris personnel as necessary to advance and develop complete solutions
• Determine the end customer''s technical requirement design, document and, develop cost structure of communications system solution for our tactical military customers.
• Provide complete design efforts including: defining the end customer''s technical requirement designing, documenting and costing of systems, and execution of programs including integration and test of those systems.
• BSEE/BSCE and 10+ years of experience or Masters Degree with 8+ years of work experience
• 6+ years of experience of demonstrated technical experience in system design of complex tactical radio/wireless network systems design and systems integration experience.
• Approximately 25% short term international travel anticipated
• Computer Proficiency – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and MS Project. Programming skills a plus for workflow automation and complex analysis.
• Strong technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimate (BOE) development and technical writing.
• Expertise in one or more of the following: RF antenna systems, Military Tactical Radio System Architectures (HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom), microwave systems, other wireless systems, International Government / DoD systems.
• Working knowledge and experience with C4ISR Applications – SA, COP, Logistics, BMS, Networking - Internet protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, PPP), IPSec, QoS, Wireless (802.11, 802.16), Computer communication interfaces (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485), Communications standards (ATM, Frame Relay, T1/E1)
• Position requires the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organizations to complete assigned projects.
• Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
• International travel experiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidate Must Have : N/A
Additional Information : N/A
Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.