Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Chemist Jobs in Kansas City, MO
Plant Support Chemist/Senior Plant Support Chemist
The primary responsibility of this role, as Plant Support Chemist/Senior Plant Support Chemist, is to provide chemical support to the Sencor/FOE-Plant and eventually also to be able to provide back-up support to the Site I Active Ingredient Manufacturing operations. This individual will also improve existing chemical processes in order to achieve lower overall manufacturing cost. Finally, this individual will support in-sourcing activities pertinent to new intermediates or new AI’s for the Kansas City site.
The incumbent will:
• Provide process support data and analytical data in timely manner to plant personnel;
• Stay current on plant problems by maintaining close communication with plant personnel and also by supporting the monitoring of plant performance (i.e. product quality) through LIMS or other electronic tools;
• Participate in technical discussions and problem-solving meetings as needed;
• Evaluate plant samples and important samples from external raw material suppliers in a timely and accurate manner;
• Continually try to develop ideas for improving existing processes with respect to yield, quality or environmental (e.g. waste water) and safety parameters;
• Run chemical reactions in the lab that are designed to provide important process data needed by the plant or for the evaluation and implementation of new projects;
• Evaluate laboratory results, correlate data, draw conclusions and make recommendations;
• Set-up, maintain and troubleshoot GC-, HPLC- and other plant lab instruments. Ensure accuracy of results and reliability for production monitoring;
• Issue analytical methods as needed for production monitoring;
• Initiate patent disclosures and applications relevant to process improvements;
• Prepare written project reports for effective transfer of information;
• Ensure that work in the lab is performed in a safe, efficient and orderly manner, complying with all pertinent governmental regulations;
• Synthesize analytical standards as needed.
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
• This position requires a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry with 0-2 years of relevant experience;
• Strong analytical background and good mechanical skills;
• A good sense for practicability of technical processes is also required;
• The incumbent must have good communication skills and be a strong team player.
Salary and Grade Level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Chemist jobs in Kansas City, Missouri:
Research and Development Chemist - Hard Surface Cleaners NEW!
Spencer Reed Group in Leawood, KS
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Chemical Engineer / Chemist
Dark Horse Applicants in Lenexa, KS
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Discovery Solutions Inc. in Overland Park, KS
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter