Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Customer Service Rep Jobs in Akron, OH
Medical Equipment / Devices
Sales / Marketing - Customer Service
United States - Ohio - Akron
The Compensation $36k
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - RETAIL
Hheadquartered in Akron, Ohio, is the leading manufacturer and marketer of branded healthcare and fitness products for the rehabilitation, therapy, and professional wellness markets. Through its Performance Health portfolio of market leading products---including Thera-Band(r),, Biofreeze(r) , Perform and Prossage brands--- Hygenic is the number one provider of product solutions to physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, chiropractors, and professional massage therapists.
The Customer Service Representative - Retail - is responsible for the day-to-day execution of order management and associated tasks including: invoice accuracy, coordination of shipping details/appointments, follow up on missing/damaged freight in a team environment. The CSA is tasked with building relationships with internal departments, as well as, establishing relationships with our brokers; driving process improvements, analyzing reports, guiding processes and providing world class customer service. The individual will balance tasks such as: processing incoming orders via EDI, e-mail, phone and fax, inputting order details accurately into a complex business system (BPCS), researching customer requests, and following up in a timely manner. The CSR routinely responds to inquiries from customers regarding: product availability and status, pricing, shipping, invoices, credits, returns, proof of deliveries, terms of contracts, policies and procedures, order status and current marketing promotions.
The CSR supporting Retail must also be able to read/interpret/act upon the logistics and guidance documents provided to us and made available to us via vendor portals established by the individual retailers. The CSR must be proactive in remaining current with the documents, both the current edition and its contents. The CSR then becomes the main lever for the order fulfillment, including the information needed for proper labeling as well as guiding our logistics team with the correct freight carrier and any other order requirements.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage incoming customer orders, confirmations and acknowledgments for Retail accounts.
- Proactively address shortage and/or other production issues by monitoring inventory levels, inventory data for specific customers, sku's and situations
- Proactively manage logistical details and lead time issues as they pertain to your customer specifications
- Manage requests for customer claims/returns/credits, balancing customer requirements with business needs
- Provide support in resolving short and long term customer concerns including identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures, process maps and training material for the Customer Service Department
- Build strong relationships with accounts by working collaboratively with them to identify value added services and proactively address issues.
- Advises the Manager, Customer Service on conditions and/or policies affecting customer service and departmental performance.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3 - 5 years of Customer Service experience in a Consumer Packaged Goods environment supporting Retail customers (i.e. CVS, Walgreens, etc).
- Demonstrated ability of excellent judgment, decision making and communication skills
- Completion of secondary school, some post secondary education or a combination of equivalent education/work experience.
- Customer Service focused and sales oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify and problem solve.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Passion for helping Customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid multi-tasking skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Ability to contribute as a leader.
- Well honed organization/attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written)
- Proficiency in MsOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, AS400, BPCS
We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan. We are an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/V/H). We manufacture latex in our facility.
More About the Position
40 Hours per Week
Visa Candidates Considered - No
This company is a great place to work because:
We have been in business over 85 years, offering great products. We have great people, and are financially stable.
2+ to 5 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Customer Service Rep jobs in Akron, Ohio:
Customer Service Representative Opening NEW!
Snelling in Akron, OH
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Representative NEW!
EVERSTAFF INTERNATIONAL in Akron, OH
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Customer Service Representative NEW!
Medical Resources in Akron, OH
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter