Posted 1 year ago in Accounting/Finance
Our client is looking for a Tax Manager for the Corporate Tax department within their Finance organization. You will utilize your strong analytical reasoning, decision making and project management skills, as well as your knowledge of regulatory compliance methodology and the financial services industry, to develop, implement and administer elements of the enterprise-wide tax information reporting compliance program. You will use your interpersonal skills as you work in a cross-functional team environment and interact with specific lines of business, management, and other risk/compliance personnel, to understand current and prospective practices, consider the impact of current and proposed IRS regulatory standards and recommend process/control improvements, as necessary. Your ability to communicate effectively will aid you as you serve as a contact for the tax information reporting compliance program.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in accounting, taxation, or law required; professional designation and/or advanced degree preferred (e.g., CPA, JD)
• Minimum of 15 years of related experience in tax accounting or law required; specialty area of tax, regulatory compliance, risk management or equivalent is highly preferred
• Thorough knowledge of IRS tax information reporting regulations and/or other regulatory compliance/risk management methodology and techniques
• Strong analytical reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
• Recognized ability to work independently
• Proven ability to perform highly complex tax or other regulatory compliance risk management analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Browse tax manager jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: