Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Property Manager Jobs in Hartford, CT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Oversee all aspects of property management portfolio including economic operations, setting and meeting booked rental cash collections, and net operating income milestones.
- Developing an overall strategic plan that supports annual property budgets and operating plans that are aligned with broader corporate values and goals.
- Provides operating input for property acquisitions and effectively manages the integration of acquired properties.
- Responsible for the timely completion, accuracy and filing of property financial reports and budgets.
- Leading strategic initiatives to improve communication and overall standardization across all properties, ensuring “best practices” are implemented throughout the management company including those related to technology.
- Review monthly property management reports and arrive at sound business decisions based upon available information. Direct staffs to ensure expected financial results are achieved, providing guidance and insight as needed. Continually focus on improving the quality of information available.
- Developing in conjunction with the Director, Physical Plant, a capital improvement program to ensure that properties maintain a positive image in the marketplace. Introduce cost saving systems and materials to keep operational expenses in alignment with annual budgets and industry standards. Negotiate contracts as required.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Director, Compliance for the proper execution of all compliance programs ensuring that standard operating procedures are consistently adhered to throughout the company.
- Meet all HUD, LIHTC and other external compliance requirements.
- Create a positive, engaged, team-oriented culture within property management and within the Company as a whole.
- Conduct on-going and frequent site visits, providing feedback associated with the continual improvement of the properties.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Managing Directors.
Manage home office and site based property operating team. The home office team currently includes: Portfolio Directors who supervise employees involved with property management, leasing, administrative, and maintenance departments, Director of Physical Plant who is responsible for maintenance and partnership project management and capital projects, Director of Compliance who is responsible for all aspects of compliance and oversight, Director of Property Accounting who is responsible for property accounting, and financial reporting and the Director of Operations who is responsible for Yardi Voyager processing and daily operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the property management portfolio. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing issues and resolving emerging problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; and 10 plus years of leadership experience within a property management company Experience must include being a President of or being responsible for running a property management company (must include multi-family affordable housing- Section 8, LIHTC experience).
Sets direction and captures the commitment of people to achieve goals on a timely basis. Recognizes opportunities; forms a vision of what can be achieved that challenges self and others. Is a champion of ideas and people to achieve breakthrough outcomes. Uses a variety of resources effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance computer skills with Microsoft Office, Internet and property management software- Yardi Voyager.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Industry designations are preferred.
Executive Talent Services is a consulting and coaching business focused on executive talent with four main practice areas. One that provides consulting to companies on developing integrated talent plans, as well as specific unbundled services related to staffing effectiveness or the retention of key talent pools. Another practice is executive coaching focused on individual executive development related to succession readiness, preparation for new or expanded roles, in-place development, or on-boarding of those who have been newly hired. A third practice is executive outplacement, a highly personalized service for executives in career transition. Our fourth practice is called Career Concierge and is focused on helping talented and employed executives consider and/or make job changes when they really don't have time to market themselves, or network for new opportunities.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Property Manager jobs in Hartford, Connecticut: