Minimum 1 year contract:
Responsible for the full lifecycle development of wireless protocol test solutions. Most project assignments will focus on CDMA2000® technology including 1xRTT, 1xEVDO and eHRPD. Some assignments involve other technologies such as 3GPP's Long Term Evolution (LTE). Applicant must be able to apply knowledge of wireless and network protocols and software development methodologies to develop both firmware and software applications. Duties include analyzing wireless industry protocol specifications, identifying customer requirements, design of software solutions, software implementation, participation in design and code reviews, establishment of test plans, developmental testing and level 3 maintenance support. Applicant is expected to understand and enforce established development, test, and software configuration processes.
- BSEE/BSCSE/BSCE/Telecommunication or equivalent.
- Pertinent software engineering experience (minimum 5 years) developing wireless protocols (CDMA2000, GSM, UMTS, LTE, etc.). Protocol stack development experience in CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEV-DO technologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience with software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and review, design, implementation, and testing.
- Experience using software design methodologies and software configuration management.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Experience with Perl, Java and XML is preferred.
- Experience with 3GPP2 standards/documentation is preferred.
- Experience with real-time programming and operating systems is preferred.
- Experience with 3GPP standards/documentation is a plus.
- Knowledge of eHRPD interfaces and interworking with E-UTRAN is a plus.