The UI Web Designer / Developer works on various project teams to build prototype user interface designs for usability testing, client review and demonstrations, as well as serve as a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies for web- and standards-based user interface development. You will work to actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our applications in collaboration with business stakeholders and development teams.
- Work closely with usability team members, business members, development teams and other internal stakeholders to build storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web design / development, with specific expertise with web-based applications
- Solid understanding of basic design skills (e.g. typography, color, grids)
- Strong web graphics production capability and practitioner experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio and other mockup tools
- Knowledge of usability and coding practices for accessibility
- Creative approach to problem solving, innovation and issue resolution
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and as a presenter and self-motivated and self-managed
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
BSC in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 8 years of IT experience.
Established in 1984, Comrise is a global consulting firm with headquarters in the U.S. and China. Our teams specialize in Managed IT, Big Data, and Workforce Solutions Staff Augmentation, Recruiting, RPO, and Payrolling. With nearly 30 years of experience, Comrise provides local talent and resources on a global scale.