Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Compu Dynamics is a great company to work for with a wonderful work environment!”
Join our growing Project Management/Estimating team! Compu Dynamics sits in the heart of one of the fastest growing data center markets in the country and is a recognized leader in that business. We are excited to be growing and have an immediate need for a Pre-Construction Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Communicate and interact with team members and authorities involved in the planning, design, execution, and construction activities of the project.
2. Sales support
3. Provide the sales team with detailed scopes, specifications, budget estimates and clarifications, exclusions, and assumptions.
4. Work closely with the PM and sales teams to ensure all have buy in during the estimating process.
5. Pre-construction engineering
6. Pre-construction budgeting and scope development
7. Value engineering
8. Identification, qualification, and development of subs, suppliers, and manufacturers nationwide
9. Partner recommendations on new opportunities
11. Subcontract scope development for subcontract agreements
12. Vendor scope development for POs
13. Continuous improvement of contract terms
14. Project kick-off
15. Standardization of estimating practices
16. Improving accuracy of estimating practices
17. Development and updating of metrics for use in checking prices and creating ROMs
18. Continuous improvement of pre-construction and estimating
19. Post-award project management support
20. Post-award customer support
21. Prepare material takeoffs from construction project design drawings to assist in the creation of complete project material lists that include everything needed for the installation phase of the projects.
22. Create estimates from back-of-a-napkin sketches and vague customer requirements when design drawings are not available.
23. Set up new projects for successful project accounting and profitability.
24. Establish, monitor, and communicate project schedules utilizing scheduling software.
25. Negotiate subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed.
26. Survey construction sites to identify potential challenges and opportunities, and to ensure general conformance to customer requirements, engineering plans, specifications, schedule, budget, quality, and safety standards.
27. Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions. Suggest and implement corrective measures within company guidelines.
28. Ensure that all aspects of new project bids are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project.
29. Maintain an elevated level of professionalism with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and colleagues. Work to establish a positive working relationship.
30. Seek to utilize new technologies and software whenever possible to bring greater efficiency and accuracy to our processes.
31. Assist Director with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
32. Assist Director with job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
33. Provides timely and completed documentation of work performed
34. Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 4%, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Time Off, up to 4 weeks PTO after 60 days and you get your birthday off!
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Applied Science or Architecture or equivalent work experience
2. 5+ years of Estimating experience
3. 3 + years estimating with Accubid software
4. Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. 3+ Commercial general contractor experience
Compu Dynamics, since 1982, has been the go-to data center and facility management experts in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC with teams of in-house, factory-trained, and field-tested IT infrastructure, electrical, and mechanical specialists.
Compu Dynamics’ attention to detail around delivering, from design to deployment to ongoing maintenance, energy efficient and optimized solutions drives value for firms seeking to capture the business benefits of a partner with expertise in delivering projects on schedule and on budget.
With the flexibility and capabilities to provide planning, design and implementation of data center design, build, consolidations, and relocations along with the broader capabilities of managing facilities, Compu Dynamics regularly meets the most unique and demanding projects for government agencies, colocation service providers, and enterprises.
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.