• Conduct stress analyses on designs of experimental, prototype, or production aircraft, and related components to evaluate ability to withstand stresses imposed during flight or ground operations by performing analysis of the ability of structural components to withstand stresses imposed by static, dynamic, or thermal loads, due to operational or test conditions.
• Study preliminary specifications and design requirements to determine strength and bending characteristics of parts, assemblies, and total airframe
• Consult with design personnel regarding results of analyses and need for additional analysis, testing, or design modifications
• Formulate mathematical model of stress problem or devise other methods of computer analysis or simulation to assist in stress analysis.
Typical requirements for this position include a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering; Engineering Mechanics, or related field and/or a combination of education.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or equivalent program of study
• At least three (3) years of industry experience
• Ability to verify design/structure concepts with stress calculations
• Ability to think through, predict, and solve problems before they occur at assembly or in the hands of our customer
• Must be team oriented, competitive, and self-driven to achieve greatness
• Must be U.S. Persons as defined by the U.S. Department of State
• SolidWorks experience
• Design and testing experience with aircraft interior equipment
• Proficiency in classical hand analysis is helpful
• Experience using COSMOS and NASTRAN is very helpful
• FAA certification experience and working knowledge of FAR 23, 25, 27 & 29 is highly desired
• Good mechanical/mechanism design and ability to create lightweight structures preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and revel of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a CER Recruiter to discuss this position with you.
CER is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
About Competitive Edge Recruiting:
Competitive Edge Recruiting is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE#6688). We are committed to providing an unparalleled level of service to our clients. Our sole purpose is to ensure that you receive the right person for your organization. At Competitive Edge Recruiting, we use the efficiency of our network and direct recruiting model, coupled with our vast list of current candidates, to find the best person that fits your need. We use a limitless network of professionals, in addition to over 40+ years of combined staffing and recruiting experience to ensure that you are satisfied with the service and quality Competitive Edge Recruiting delivers.
Our experience and track record for success ensures our ability to identify and recruit qualified and productive employees. Our dedicated staff provides our clients with quality individuals within many different disciplines. The "Competitive Edge Recruiting Way" represents recruiting through an international network of candidates.
Competitive Edge Recruiting specializes in Accounting & Finance, Information Technology, Engineering and Human Resources and Sales & Marketing recruiting. In addition, we also offer complete General Office & Administrative staffing.
Posted 4 years ago