• Database design, diagnosis, tuning, and troubleshooting (primary job functions)
• Software development (for interfacing with developers, nothing beats having walked in the other guy's shoes)
• Configuration management (for automating some types of deploy/maintenance work)
• Bottleneck analysis, in both physical and virtual environments
• Recovery planning, from the database to the application
• An eye for extrapolating possible side-effects from a known event, and vice versa
• Collaborative approach to problem-solving
• Care and feeding of database systems, primarily Postgres, some Oracle and SQL Server.
• Must have or be willing to learn a deep understanding of Postgres behavior and internals.
• Work with development teams to design, implement, troubleshoot, monitor, and improve corporate projects.
• 5 years relevant experience.
• Experienced Linux user.
• Database Postrges administration, including: installation, initialization, authentication, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
• Database design, to support developers in making scalable decisions in schema design and data processing models.
• Experience with C, Perl and/or Bash is HIGHLY desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and revel of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a CER Recruiter to discuss this position with you.
CER is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
About Competitive Edge Recruiting:
Competitive Edge Recruiting is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE#6688). We are committed to providing an unparalleled level of service to our clients. Our sole purpose is to ensure that you receive the right person for your organization. At Competitive Edge Recruiting, we use the efficiency of our network and direct recruiting model, coupled with our vast list of current candidates, to find the best person that fits your need. We use a limitless network of professionals, in addition to over 40+ years of combined staffing and recruiting experience to ensure that you are satisfied with the service and quality Competitive Edge Recruiting delivers.
Our experience and track record for success ensures our ability to identify and recruit qualified and productive employees. Our dedicated staff provides our clients with quality individuals within many different disciplines. The "Competitive Edge Recruiting Way" represents recruiting through an international network of candidates.
Competitive Edge Recruiting specializes in Accounting & Finance, Information Technology, Engineering and Human Resources and Sales & Marketing recruiting. In addition, we also offer complete General Office & Administrative staffing.