Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Accountant Jobs in Portland, OR
Bring your financial expertise to the following role:
A variety of general, cash management / treasury or cost accounting activities and functions such as financial statement preparation, account, bank and report reconciliations and analysis, development of desktop procedures, and participation in the development, maintenance and analysis of Company budgets, forecasts, cost data and operating plans
Combine your degree and general / cost accounting experience with the following skills and abilities:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; CPA, CMA or MBA
- Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of accounting knowledge in the following areas:
- Financial Reporting and General Accounting: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) for Health Care Service Contractors and Health Maintenance Organizations as promulgated by the NAIC
- Cost Accounting: Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); GAAP and SAP
- Government Accounting: FEHBAR, FAR, CAS, GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of PC and mainframe software and systems as currently used by the Company
- Ability to think analytically and to make sound judgments from analysis
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels in the work force
- Plan and organize own work
- Work flexible hours during periods of heavy workloads
CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Big firm public accounting experience is preferred
- Pursuing CPA
- Strong grades
- Strong interpersonal communication, written/verbal
- Leadership abilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and revel of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a CER Recruiter to discuss this position with you.
CER is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
About Competitive Edge Recruiting:
Competitive Edge Recruiting is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE#6688). We are committed to providing an unparalleled level of service to our clients. Our sole purpose is to ensure that you receive the right person for your organization. At Competitive Edge Recruiting, we use the efficiency of our network and direct recruiting model, coupled with our vast list of current candidates, to find the best person that fits your need. We use a limitless network of professionals, in addition to over 40+ years of combined staffing and recruiting experience to ensure that you are satisfied with the service and quality Competitive Edge Recruiting delivers.
Our experience and track record for success ensures our ability to identify and recruit qualified and productive employees. Our dedicated staff provides our clients with quality individuals within many different disciplines. The "Competitive Edge Recruiting Way" represents recruiting through an international network of candidates.
Competitive Edge Recruiting specializes in Accounting & Finance, Information Technology, Engineering and Human Resources and Sales & Marketing recruiting. In addition, we also offer complete General Office & Administrative staffing.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Senior Accountant jobs in Portland, Oregon:
Staff/Senior Accountant job in downtown Portland
Parker and Lynch in Portland, OR
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Accountant Job in Downtown Portland, OR
Parker and Lynch in Portland, OR
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Portfolio Financial Servicing Company in Portland, OR
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter