Posted 1 year ago in Engineering
Objective: Work on web development projects for CompAndSave.com and other sister websites while learning skills related to web development or programming.
• Interested in the field of web development or programming
• Experience with web development tools.
• Knowledge of Magento/JS/Flash/ActionScript a plus
• Proficiency hand‐coding and trouble‐shooting HTML and CSS
• Knowledge of PHP or ASP.net a plus
• Knowledge of MySQL or data base equivalent a plus
• Proficiency with FTP applications
• Experience with graphic design software Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work as a team or independently
• Help develop/create/maintain new features/functionalities at our e-commerce sites.
• Will be encouraged to take Magento Developer Certification
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials
• Plans concept by studying information and materials
• Turns HTML/CSS static pages into funtional sections of our web site
• Follows instructions to update web site frequently
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Accomplishes organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
This position requires an enthusiastic multi-tasker who has an appetite to learn web programming and implement them accurately. We are a dynamic team, and we are not afraid of too much work or project due dates. Are you ready to become a web programmer and learn a lot? If this excites you then feel free to apply with a cover letter (tell us why you would make a great addition to our team. Please be rational and give reasons/references, don’t just say “I am a great team member” or “I work hard”) attached with your recent resume.
Compensation: This is an Entry level position and current students or new graduates are highly encouraged to apply. Please expect 3 to 6 months review period which will follow a full-time position with benefits.
ABOUT CAS: CAS is a large ecommerce retailer of print & office supply products (a $17Bn industry) in the US & Canada with offices in Newark, CA & Austin, TX. The downtown Austin office is seeking to hire a Search Engine Marketing Manager to join our digital marketing optimization & analytics team. The Search Engine Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing, implementing & analyzing paid search engine marketing activities. Responsibilities will include; fluency in the Google AdWords & Bing ppc marketing platforms, being on the forefront of new search technologies.
ABOUT THE TEAM: We're more fun than this job description sounds, promise! CAS is a fairly young but well-established industry leader in the massive office supplies industry. We are a tight-knit, multi-cultural & incredibly diverse team of driven professionals who are goal & career oriented but also know how & when to have fun. We don't expect you to live at the office & we do expect you to have a life outside of work. We're located downtown but will soon be moving to a larger office park near 183 & 35 to allow more space for our growing team & top-priority infrastructure upgrades (like a foosball table) & mini-bar. This position will offer fantastic career growth & upward advancement opportunities to the ideal candidate. Don't be intimidated; if you're Google Analytics savvy please apply!
Browse web developer jobs in Newark, California:
Option 1 Technical Staffing & Recruiting in San Jose, CA
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
TekPartners, A P2P Staffing Company in Santa Clara, CA
Posted 22 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Lead5 Media in Newark, CA
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter