The Community Library Network at Hayden is seeking a part-time (16.5 hours per week) enthusiastic, creative, knowledgeable librarian to perform professional level youth services work to advance the library's mission. Primary duties will involve planning and implementing library programs to children and families as well as outreach to area schools and agencies. This position reports to the Youth Services Coordinator.
The Community Library Network offers a strong commitment to youth library services throughout Kootenai and Western Shoshone counties. The mission of the Community Library Network Youth Services Department is to provide dynamic and creative approaches in programs and services with a proactive and enthusiastic Youth Services team to meet the changing needs of the youth and families of our communities in a welcoming, nurturing and accepting atmosphere.
• Ability to work effectively with young people, parents, schools, community organizations and other library staff members;
• Experience planning and implementing programs for youth;
• Demonstrated ability to be both a leader and a team member;
• Knowledge of children's and young adult literature;
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to provide high quality, customer-focused service to patrons as well as problem-solving skills;
• Proficiency in the use of the Internet, library automation systems and other information technologies, preferred;
• Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Elementary Education, Reading or related field or Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited school preferred;
• Two years customer service experience with youth services experience in a public library setting preferred;
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Karen Yother, Youth Services Coordinator
Community Library Network
8385 N Government Way
kareny (at) communitylibrary.net