Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
The Resource Development Assistant is an integral member of the CHW team. This position will assume responsibility for supporting the routine administrative functions of the Advancement team. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, this person works closely with the entire Advancement team to support the implementation of the organization’s targeted fundraising strategies, including: grant seeking from corporate, public, and foundation sources; major donor personal solicitations; annual fundraising event; Board giving; staff giving; direct mail campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
Assist the development team's cultivation and stewardship of individuals, foundations, and other donor or prospective donors to the Institute. This will include:
· maintaining records & updating the database (Salesforce), grant tracking, and reconciliation; conduct simple online research; enter prospect and donor data into database
- tracking donor outreach activities and relationship manager next steps; enter data provided by relationship managers
- assisting the team with daily donation processing in donor database and the processing of gift acknowledgments
- preparing reports on various stages of the development process using data from the database drafting and assembling research briefings;
- drafting background text, agendas, and itineraries; preparing donor prep packets and materials for internal and external meetings
- coordinating logistics of site visits and donor luncheons, support with scheduling
- assisting with bulk mailings, donor outreach and correspondence
- assisting with CHW events, including event logistics, RSVP’s, registration, décor, outreach, and follow-up
- assisting with set-up for Board and Committee meetings
- performing other administrative tasks as needed by the entire team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Quick data entry skills balanced with excellent attention to detail and follow through with an emphasis on accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and team player
- Highly proficient computer skills with demonstrated knowledge and practical application of internet, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Access to a vehicle and valid CA Driver’s license required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive donor information
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative support or fundraising role
- Fundraising experience
- Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques
- Experience with Salesforce or other fundraising software (e.g., Raiser’s Edge)
- Previous nonprofit work experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The nature of the works is such that onsite, daily attendance is required during normal business hours, Monday-Fridays, with the occasional weekends as requested for special events.
The annual salary range is based on experience and qualifications. CHW offers employees generous benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Dental and Vision Plan
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Employer Matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Employee Discounts
- Alternative Workweek Schedule (9/8/80)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
About Community HousingWorks:
As one of California's top nonprofit affordable housing developers, Community HousingWorks (CHW) helps people and communities move up in the world, by providing resident opportunities to rent a stable apartment home and achieve their goals. CHW builds, acquires and owns attractive affordable apartment communities, statewide and in our home base of San Diego. Through our direct programs or through partners, we provide onsite move-up programs in next generation success, financial stability, and other areas. CHW is an affiliate of NeighborWorks, Housing Partnership Network, and the National Council of La Raza. With 2700 apartments and 8400 residents today, CHW continues on our aggressive growth trajectory of acquiring or completing 600 apartments per year.
In addition to market-competitive salary, some of our incredible benefits include: generous benefits package that includes full Health, Dental, Vision, Life for the employee, with a generous subsidy for family, 401(k) with employer matching, fully vested and paid each pay period); every other Friday-off (flexible 9/8/80 schedule); nation-wide employee discounts; flexible spending plan; Employee Assistance Plan; generous paid time off, and much more!
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 7 days ago