Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago. See all open Service Operations Manager Jobs in San Diego, CA
“Awesome CEO, award -winning team, great benefits and opportunity for growth!”
About the Role
CHW is seeking an energetic and well organized Resident Services Operations Manager (RSOM), whose primary role is to build CHW service capacity through management of on-site staff, Contracted Service Provider(s) and collaboration with other Achieve Leadership Staff. This consists of supervising on-site staff (Community Building Coordinators-CBC) at CHW rental communities across California, compliance, budgets, and program delivery in addition to working with other department leads to deliver resident services in an effective and efficient manner. The RSOM works closely with the Achieve Director, Volunteer and Partnerships Developer, Community Engagement Coach and Senior Financial Coach. The RSOM specifically supervises the on-site, standardized delivery of services in the areas of Permanent Supportive Housing, Financial Well-being, Next Generation Success, and Health and Wellness. The RSOM will work with the aforementioned Achieve Lead Staff in reaching all goals and objectives set for each year, and will be directly supervised by the Achieve Director. The right candidate for the job must be happy working in a fast-paced and mission-passionate environment, with ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
About You in the Role
· You are excited by the idea of working to build a strong and successful community;
· You are a strong leader and communicator who is passionate, creative, and engaging;
· You are extremely well organized, detail-orientated, dependable, and a team player;
· You enjoy supervising and mentoring team members;
· You are bilingual in English and in Spanish (preferred but not required);
· You enjoy working a fast-paced, mission-passionate environment with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently; and
· You relish a workplace low on personal politics and hierarchy, and high on mission, innovation, integrity and excellence.
So why end the day wondering? Check out the complete job description below and apply today!
Operations Manager, Resident Services
Department: Achieve Programs
Supervisor: Achieve Programs Director
Job Classification: Exempt
Position Status: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Annual Salary: The salary range for this position is based on experience and qualifications.
Primary Office Location: CHW Central Office, San Diego, California
Stable Homes – A Foundation for Better Futures:
With the stability of a good home, an inspiring goal, some powerful tools, and their community’s compassion and support, people can change their futures and move up in the world. For many, a stable home can provide the critical foundation needed to overcome life’s challenges. Our award-winning apartment communities ensure that all people - regardless of social-economic status - have a safe place to call home. Become a part of the CHW team and help us ensure that every household is set up for success.
The Operations Manager for Resident Services provides program development and implementation, training, and contract management to off-site staff (Community Building Coordinators-CBC) or Contracted Service Provider(s) who provide resident services at CHW rental communities/learning centers across California. Specifically, the role supervises the on-site or contracted service provider staff in the standardized delivery of services in the areas of Permanent Supportive Housing, Financial Well-being, Next Generation Success, and Health and Wellness. In addition to supervising multiple staff across various locations outside of San Diego County, the role also is responsible for compliance, budgets, oversight of procurement for resident service programs, and working with other department leads to deliver resident services in an effective and efficient manner. The Operations Manager works closely with the Achieve Director, Volunteer and Partnerships Developer, Community Engagement Coach and Senior Financial Coach, in reaching all goals and objectives set for each year, and will be directly supervised by the Achieve Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities will include the following responsibilities.
Department Management Activities:
1. Supervise Community Building Coordinators (CBC) in all CHW rental communities outside of San Diego County to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of resident services centered around Permanent Supportive Housing, Financial Well-being, Next Generation Success, and Health and Wellness. This includes training all new staff, coordinating regular check-ins with one-on-one with staff, conducting quality control checks, and responding to on-site incidents in a timely manner.
2. Oversee Contracted Service Provider(s) delivery of services and ensure compliance with standards as delineated by Permanent Supportive Housing funding. Delivery of services includes but is not limited to intake; case management and recordkeeping; service planning; service delivery including advocating for clients with property owners/managers as necessary and providing resource information; and case closure.
3. Maintain a broad-based working knowledge of Permanent Supportive Housing funding such as U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and local Housing First programs, and ensure staff/contracted service providers are well versed and current in their knowledge.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive outreach/relationship strategy to work with key stakeholders, appropriate service providers including other community members that can deliver or enhance resident services at communities outside of San Diego County or those dealing specifically with Permanent Supportive Housing.
5. Supervise and ensure successful execution of procurement or contracting process for Service Providers from execution of contract, to initial program, and performance management including the delivery of services and invoices are done on a timely matter.
6. Implement departmental policies and oversee program and staff policy compliance of all delivered on-site activities. This includes regularly getting out to each assigned CHW rental community at minimum on a quarterly basis.
7. Work with on-site CBC staff and contracted service providers to discuss program outcomes, training needs, hear out successes, challenges, and concerns with program delivery and make adjustments as necessary.
8. Collaborate with the Community Engagement Specialist, Volunteer and Partnerships Developer, and Senior Financial Coach in launching and maintaining programs with CHW residents. Ensure that their strategic plans collaborate with the department plan and provide support for full implementation at site level.
9. Each year, collaborate with the Achieve Director to develop a Work Plan for the department that aligns with Achieve Strategy, annual goals, and individual site needs based on demographics, survey results, and previous year activities. Work with Achieve Director to increase effectiveness and efficiency in spending of funds for program delivery.
10. Monitor spending of on-site staff to determine that the department is staying within budget while still delivering resident services effectively and efficiently.
11. Attend regularly meetings with other CHW departments, department heads, etc. to discuss interdepartmental collaboration, on-site needs, department needs, and where Achieve can assist with other department goals. Regular meetings include but are not limited to IT, Resource Development, Asset Management, and Housing and Real Estate Development.
12. Represent on-site needs at Achieve Leadership, Inter-departmental, and One-on-One meetings with other CHW staff. Also, represent on-site needs and departmental messaging at CHW events such as the annual fundraiser, networking events, or other events as assigned.
13. Determine staffing requirements, interview procedures, and required training for all new staff positions. Oversee the coordination and participate in interviews for new staff.
14. Manage in collaboration with other Achieve Lead staff the communication about and implementation of any departmental changes.
Ancillary (Administrative) Activities:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds when picking up paper files and boxes.
2. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to read and understand reports on a digital screen or on paper.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk in order to collect data, present data, or explain data.
4. Ability to travel via car and/or plane for business needs to various sites outside of San Diego County.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The workspace is in a traditional office setting or community room setting. Community rooms are shared spaces that typically have kitchens and a learning center (computer room). Noise levels vary, but can be moderate to high during programming and events.
The nature of the works is such that onsite, daily attendance is required during normal business hours, Monday-Fridays, with the occasional weekends as requested for special events. Additionally, regular travel outside of San Diego County will be a part of regular work schedule.
The annual salary range is based on experience and qualifications. CHW offers employees generous benefits, including:
Community HousingWorks (CHW) is a California non-profit organization that has been building and owning affordable apartments that help people and communities move up in the world for nearly 30 years. We are counted among the top 50 affordable housing developers in the nation, with 3,000 affordable apartments statewide serving low income working families, seniors, and homeless and disabled residents. Many CHW employees say, “It’s the best place I’ve ever worked”. Your work will grow our compassionate community of support, so that CHW onsite programs can provide even more residents with powerful tools for next gen success, financial well-being, health and independence. It all starts with a home.
Posted date: 9 months ago
Browse Service Operations Manager jobs in San Diego, CA: