Sorry, this job was closed 5 months ago. See all open Development Project Manager Jobs in San Diego, CA
Real Estate Development - Project Manager
Benefits OfferedVision, Medical, 401K, Life, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Awesome CEO, award -winning team, great benefits and opportunity for growth!”
Community HousingWorks (CHW) is seeking a skilled Full Time Project Manager in San Diego, California, to plan, coordinate, implement and manage all activities related to the refinancing and/or rehabilitation of existing affordable housing projects.
The ideal candidate will enjoy bringing strong project management skills to a professional mission-based organization, must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the following critical attributes:
- Skilled in project management with experience in financing affordable housing with Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME, CDBG and other local, state and federal financial sources;
- Ability to plan and manage the development of multifamly real estate projects;
- A strong communicator with the ability to make public presentations and to work successfully with community groups, government and private lenders, and low-income tenants; and,
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to independently prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects simultaneously.
Community HousingWorks (CHW), a nationally recognized nonprofit developer of affordable housing real estate projects, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Project Manager in our multifamily division. Primary job responsibilities will be to plan, coordinate, implement and manage all activities related to the development of affordable housing from acquisition through construction completion and permanent loan conversion. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- Evaluates the feasibility of potential development opportunities; conceptualizes a development program in concert with organizational mission and goals and makes recommendations to supervisor and senior team.
- Plans and implements review of all financial and physical due diligence needed to safeguard the organization’s investments in real estate.
- Plans and obtains entitlements, planning approval and all construction permits and approvals, and all wet and dry utility plans and approvals in conjunction with development team partners.
- Represents the Organization to stakeholders and the general public. Strategizes and plans outreach to garner community support for projects. Attends and participates community and government organization meetings as needed.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets and cash flow projections; Establishes and monitors time and cost schedules.
- Researches sources of funding and maintains familiarity with threshold and screening criteria of key sources; Prepares and submits funding applications in order to secure funding to support predevelopment, construction and permanent phases for development.
- Implements an approved selection process to recommend the hiring of development team members, contract consultants and financial partners appropriate to the subject project.
- Strategizes and participates with supervisor in the negotiation, coordination, and preparation of various development-related contracts, obtaining legal reviews as needed to minimize risk to the Organization and to secure project financing.
- Manages the design process in conjunction with supervisor and senior team and coordinates design process with Asset Management, Property Management and Resident Services Departments as directed.
- Manages the design and construction teams including architects, general contractors, engineers, construction managers and other consultants to ensure adherence to project budget and schedule, cost containment and quality control. Resolves related problems and concerns. Conducts and arranges regular site inspections and construction draw meetings. Personally inspects active construction projects not less than two times a month.
- Monitors and, as necessary, prepares project financial accounting, contract payments, lender and funder reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Prepares and presents progress reports to supervisor, senior team, board of directors, board committees, and others as requested.
- Assists in researching and prepares policy briefings for Agency, Supervisor and Directors as requested.
- Coordinates transfer process with Asset Management and Resident Services staff after completion of construction and/or acquisitions of existing residential.
- Other tasks as assigned related to real estate development, policy development, organizational budgets, planning, and administration.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to plan and manage the development of multifamily real estate projects. Knowledge of project management tools and principles.
- Strong analytical abilities, computation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make public presentations and to work successfully with community groups, government, and private lenders, and low-income tenants.
- Knowledge of budgets and finance and cost management.
- Familiarity with various funding sources and application processes for affordable housing development.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Basic knowledge of building construction. Ability to track and manage construction projects, subcontractors and project development participants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams.
- Strong computer skills in office automation and various software applications using spreadsheets, word processing, and databases including MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project Manager and Adobe.
Education & Experience
- Required: BA degree in urban planning, public administration, accounting, business, real estate or related field
- Minimum of four years project management experience with a real estate development firm or related business.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Experience with lender or investor organizations can be substituted as partial experience.
- Experience with low-income housing tax credit financing.
- Community planning and contract management experience
- Knowledge of, or experience with, issues confronting of low-income communities and families.
- Spanish language ability a plus.
The annual salary range is based on experience and qualifications.
CHW offers employees generous benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Disability
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Does being a part of a growing, 30-year old nonprofit -- ranked nationally in the top 10% of its peers -- that houses the homeless and low wage workers, helps low income tenants’ kids become educated and successful, and turns hundreds of working family tenants into homeowners each year sound attractive? How about a workplace low on personal politics and hierarchy and high on integrity and excellence? If so, CHW is an organization you need to learn more about, so apply today!
About Community HousingWorks:
Community HousingWorks (CHW) is a California non-profit organization that has been building and owning affordable apartments that help people and communities move up in the world for nearly 30 years. We are counted among the top 50 affordable housing developers in the nation, with 3,000 affordable apartments statewide serving low income working families, seniors, and homeless and disabled residents. Many CHW employees say, “It’s the best place I’ve ever worked”. Your work will grow our compassionate community of support, so that CHW onsite programs can provide even more residents with powerful tools for next gen success, financial wellbeing, health and independence. It all starts with a home.
Posted date: 6 months ago
Browse Development Project Manager jobs in San Diego, California: