Life, Medical, Dental, 401K, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Awesome CEO, award -winning team, great benefits and opportunity for growth!”
Community HousingWorks (CHW) is seeking a successful Administrative Assistant and quality assurance individual to be its next Program Assistant, in San Diego.
The right person will feel at home growing and changing along with CHW – an entrepreneurial affordable housing and services nonprofit that every year grows our apartments, our residents served and our services.
The Program Assistant’s primary goal is to provide support to the Services Department called “Achieve” and act as the administrative assistant to the Senior V.P. of the Achieve Department to help ensure the integrity and quality of the programs administered by Community HousingWorks.
The successful candidate will have a background in administrative support role(s) and have the capabilities and have a detailed eye to validate quality processes, exceptional written and analytical skills and a willingness to manage any task with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages administrative duties on-time (Time-sheets via ADP system, P-Cards, E-mail, Newsletter, Site Calendar, Data Entry, Community Center cleaning and replenishing CHW marketing items, work orders for on-site maintenance, and other as needed).
- Performs general office duties including ordering of supplies, photocopying, mailing, putting together binders, making labels, organizing and reorganizing information, both digitally and traditionally, for ease of use by department and organization.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing file (both soft and hard copy) audits.Collaborates and develops training methods based on audit results. A
- Assist with the enhancement of program policies and procedures based on the results of the monitoring outcomes.
- Validates quality processes by conducting routine inspections to ensure program policies and specifications are being adhered.
- Prepares, analyzes and maintains various reports and systems.
- Serves as technical liaison between program staff, management, and other departments.
- Maintains SVP’s and team calendars and schedules, organizes meetings, travel and team activities.
- Produces clear, accurate and concise emails, memos, correspondence and reports.
- Prepares, assists in PowerPoint presentations and collects collateral material for internal and external meetings and committees.
- Manage creation and distribution of meeting minutes and maintains division files /e-files.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, and execution of events.
- Research topics assigned on the internet and through written or telephone contact with leading experts in the field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more year’s recent experience in an Administrative Assistant support roles supporting teams and upper division management.
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Ability to provide efficient and proactive assistance to various members of internal & external team. Ability to think critically and clearly in times emergencies.
- Strong sense of urgency. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment in an extremely organized manner, and to manage multiple competing tasks and shifting priorities in a low hierarchy environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, and to interact and communicate with individuals at various levels, internal and external.
- Must have exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Engaged and self-motivated with ability to successfully work autonomously.
- Advanced computer software skills cloud-based file storage, bouillon searches and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Publisher).
- Valid driver's license and regular availability of an insured vehicle to travel.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse set of stakeholders and clients.
- Experience in program coordination or management of preferred.
- Understanding of Fair Housing and tenant/landlord laws, rules, and regulations a plus.
- Fluency in English required. Bilingual (reading, writing, and speaking) in Spanish preferred but not required.
About Community HousingWorks:
Community HousingWorks (CHW) is a California non-profit organization that has been building and owning affordable apartments that help people and communities move up in the world for nearly 30 years. We are counted among the top 50 affordable housing developers in the nation, with 3,000 affordable apartments statewide serving low income working families, seniors, and homeless and disabled residents. Many CHW employees say, “It’s the best place I’ve ever worked”. Your work will grow our compassionate community of support, so that CHW onsite programs can provide even more residents with powerful tools for next gen success, financial well-being, health and independence. It all starts with a home.
2815 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108
3 months ago