Vision, 401K, Medical, Life, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Awesome CEO, award -winning team, great benefits and opportunity for growth!”
The Financial Coach for Community HousingWorks is part of a dynamic department providing specialized Classes, Coaching and Programs to help our low-income residents stabilize their finances and plan for the future. This position focuses on improving long-term financial behavior. The Financial Coach facilitates participants to set and achieve financial goals largely on their own; helps practice new behaviors and monitors those behaviors over time; and, targets participants with a minimum level of financial skills and experience. The right fit for this role will also help steer the direction of program design, implementation, maintenance and reporting by working as a partner with management.
The success of this position will be measured by the positive outcomes achieved by our residents on various areas of programmatic impact. These services are offered at our rental communities in San Diego County and at select locations throughout California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers effectively and efficiently Financial Well-being Programs in the areas of Financial Stability, Financial Security and Financial Mobility.
- Provides personalized financial coaching sessions, determines participant’s individualized plan of action relevant to the individual’s situation.
- Analyzes and evaluates resident finances to determine housing affordability
- Makes appropriate referrals for resident as a support system to carry out their action plan.
- Tracks, reports and evaluates data collected to report on and enhance programs specific to changing needs.
- Travels to various CHW rental communities in San Diego County and other locations throughout the State as needed and assigned.
- Fosters coach/participant relationships by providing ongoing support via individual, email, phone, or virtual coaching in order to assist participants in overcoming barriers, providing ongoing referrals or celebrating milestones and successes.
- Offers coaching and classes in English and Spanish as needed.
- Facilitates classes and workshops utilizing adult education and participatory training strategies
- Works collaboratively with other Financial Coaches, Property Management and Community Building Coordinators to assure effective and efficient coordination of delivery of financial well-being services.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in social science, business, education, economics, psychology, human development, finance or related fields and two or more years of work experience in personalized coaching or counseling
- Experience working with diverse and low-income populations
- Experience in financial planning, credit, real estate, lending, and financial education
- Experience in the facilitation of training/classes and coaching
- Able to work flexible schedule which include: days, evenings and weekends and willing and able to travel up to 50% within San Diego County and an estimated one-day per month outside of San Diego County.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Financial Capabilities, HUD Housing Counseling and/or national Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling preferred.
About Community HousingWorks:
Community HousingWorks (CHW) is a California non-profit organization that has been building and owning affordable apartments that help people and communities move up in the world for nearly 30 years. We are counted among the top 50 affordable housing developers in the nation, with over 3,300 affordable apartments statewide serving low income working families, seniors, and homeless and disabled residents. Many CHW employees say, “It’s the best place I’ve ever worked”. Your work will grow our resident success, so that CHW onsite programs can provide even more residents with powerful tools for next gen success, financial well-being, health and independence. It all starts with a home.
2815 Camino del Rio South, Suite 350, San Diego, CA 92108
1 month ago