Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago. See all open Financial Coach Jobs in San Diego, CA
Class Facilitator and Financial Coach
Benefits OfferedLife, Dental, Medical, Vision, 401K
About the Role
CHW is seeking a true educator to serve as our Class Facilitator and Financial Coach, who will be responsible for for the primary facilitation of effective delivery of classes which include but are not limited to: Financial Fitness, FAB Workshops, and On-site orientations. Overall, the role is responsible for the individual coaching on financial and housing goals, meeting immediate needs of clients that are seeking to improve their finances by providing information, tools, and links to resources or existing programs that will assist individuals/families with their financial stability. The right candidate must be happy working in a fast- paced and mission-passionate environment, with ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
About You in the Role
- You are excited by the idea of applying your passion for teaching and coaching members of the community.
- You have a demonstrated ability to counsel and coach low- and moderate-income clients, in a culturally-sensitive manner, toward financial flourishing, including budgeting, asset building, credit building, and debt reduction.
- You are a strong communicator who is persuasive, passionate, and would love being part of an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization that routinely changes and innovates.
- You are extremely well organized, detail-orientated, dependable, and a team player.
- You enjoy working a fast-paced, mission-passionate environment with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- You relish a workplace low on personal politics and hierarchy, and high on mission, innovation, integrity and excellence.
So why end the day wondering? Check out the complete job description below and apply today!
Class Facilitator & Financial Coach
Supervisor: Sr. Financial Coach
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full-time (40 hours per week) 9/8/80 Alternative work week schedule
Annual Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Primary Office Location: Various locations in San Diego & Los Angeles County
Coach is responsible for providing individual financial and housing coaching at various CHW rental communities in San Diego and Los Angeles County. Stability: Coach partners with resident who is facing financial hardship in order to meet the immediate need(s) of the resident who may be at risk of potential eviction by providing information, tools, and links to resources or existing programs that will assist individuals/families with their housing stability. Security: Coach supports resident (not in crisis) restoring and rebuilding by helping the individual/family in decreasing debt, increasing credit score, and increase savings towards emergency (three months+) reserves. Mobility: Coach supports the renewal and “G.R.O.W.th” (goal, realistic, opportunity, will) of clients to achieve long-term financial security and supporting them regularly towards their self-identified goal using the co-active coaching model which is founded on the understanding that clients are creative, resourceful, and whole; capable of identifying their own needs, goals, able to work towards them and overcoming challenges. This position is also responsible for the facilitation of effective delivery of classes, which include but are not limited to: Financial Fitness, Homebuyer classes, and FAB Workshops using popular education interactive model.
This position is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive self-sufficiency programing through the provision of personalized coaching as well as facilitation of classes in the area of finances and housing topics. These services will be offered at various CHW rental communities throughout the San Diego County in person, and via Virtual Coaching Network in Los Angeles County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following as well as other duties as assigned.
- Provides personalized financial and housing coaching sessions, determines participant’s individualized plan of action relevant to the individual’s situation
- Evaluate and analyze client finances to determine housing affordability
- Uses the integrated programing model of comprehensive service delivery
- Makes appropriate internal and external referrals for client/partner as a support system to carry out their action plan
- Enters data related to coaching participant in the designated data base using organization guidelines and procedures
- Travels to various CHW rental communities in San Diego County on a regular basis and Los Angeles County on an occasional basis
- Fosters coach/participant relationships by providing ongoing support via individual, email, phone, or virtual coaching in order to assist participants in overcoming barriers, providing on going referrals or celebrating milestones and successes
- Offers coaching and classes in English and Spanish as needed
- Facilitates classes: Financial Fitness, FAB Workshops utilizing adult education principles and participatory training techniques
- Utilize all CHW’s proprietary curriculums for the delivery of the classes and protect proprietary materials
- Responsible for following all intake, program, guidelines, including data entry, collection of fully completed registration forms, funds, materials, and equipment
- Represent CHW at events and fairs by providing updated information on CHWs various lines of business
- Actively participate in outreach activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communicator: verbal and written and bilingual in English/Spanish required; fluent in writing and verbal
- Experience in the following areas: Financial planning, homebuyer education principals, credit, real estate, lending, and financial education
- Two years of experience in offering personalized coaching or counseling
- Experience in the facilitation of adult training/classes or related field
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Able to use full MicroSoft office programs, database(s), social media programs, and webinar software
- Ability to work independently with self-direction and in team setting
- Able to work flexible schedule which include: days, evenings and weekends
- Financial Capabilities, HUD Housing Counseling and/or national Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling preferred.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Business or related field from four-year college/university; or three to four years related work experience; equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields of financial management, education, or lending is preferred or equivalent experience within the consumer lending or financial management industry, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, and transport class or event items in vehicle.
- The employee must be able to sit in traffic for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee must be able to present effectively to a large audience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primary work station will be located in the North San Diego County
- Workstation will be located in a shared space and personalized appointments will be scheduled in meeting rooms.
- Will be required to travel throughout various CHW rental communities in the San Diego County and Los Angeles County.
- Coaching sessions may be conducted in person or through the use of a Virtual Coaching Network and may require the use of headsets and video conferencing
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The annual salary range is based on experience and qualifications.
CHW offers employees generous benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Disability
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Community HousingWorks is a proud equal opportunity employer!
About Community HousingWorks:
As one of California's top nonprofit affordable housing developers, Community HousingWorks (CHW) helps people and communities move up in the world, by providing resident opportunities to rent a stable apartment home and achieve their goals. CHW builds, acquires and owns attractive affordable apartment communities, statewide and in our home base of San Diego. Through our direct programs or through partners, we provide onsite move-up programs in next generation success, financial stability, and other areas. CHW is an affiliate of NeighborWorks, Housing Partnership Network, and the National Council of La Raza. With 2700 apartments and 8400 residents today, CHW continues on our aggressive growth trajectory of acquiring or completing 600 apartments per year.
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Financial Coach jobs in San Diego, California: