Renewable Energy is one of the fastest growing career fields in America and Residential Solar has arrived in the Northeast! Launch your sales career with an established and growing company. This is a new opportunity for individuals looking for a position in solar and clean energy sales. Community Energy, Inc. is seeking independent solar sales representatives in NY (Long Island, Albany and Westchester areas), CT, Western Massachusetts, Maryland and Washington DC to become a part of this growing market opportunity and work to originate quality Residential Solar prospects. We are looking for committed individuals who combine a passion for solar energy and the technical ability to explain rooftop solar to interested customers. Join our team today!Position Description
The Community Energy team is uniquely positioned to grow the residential renewable energy market in the Northeast. We are now partnered with the nation’s largest residential solar installer to provide solar at no upfront cost to 50,000 of our existing residential customers.
Community Energy, Inc. is looking for individuals with the ability and drive for sales. This team is the vanguard of Community Energy’s unmatched track record of opening new consumer markets for clean energy, driving sales growth and moving the solar market forward in the Northeast. We are looking to fill positions ASAP!
The Outside Solar Sales Representative is responsible for generating a pipeline of residential solar prospects and achieving sales in line with sales and marketing team goals. Advancement opportunities may exist with a proven sales record and demonstration of strong management skills. To learn more about Community Energy’s residential solar product please visit www.communityenergyinc.com/solar.Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field, preferred
- 2+ years sales professional experience a plus
- Professional presence and strong communication skills
- Ability to perform at a high level with significant autonomy
- Goal-oriented performance philosophy; ability to manage to the goal and maintain priorities
- General understanding of the sales process and able to meet targets
- Drive to pursue solar prospects and create a sales pipeline in this lead generating position
- Generate new sales opportunities and new accounts in assigned territory
- Develop relationships within local communities to promote Residential Solar
- Identify customer needs and present appropriate solutions to fulfill their needs
- Closing deals and signing contracts
- Analysis of customer's current and projected electrical usage & rooftop layouts
- Able to handle a high volume of potential solar customers
- Must be a team player
The Outside Solar Sales Representative is required to work an initial training period of up to 3 months. During this period, the Outside Solar Sales Representative is eligible to receive a base pay plus commission. Upon satisfactory completion, the Outside Solar Sales Representative will become a permanent employee and will earn income under the commission-only structure if he/she sells at or above the minimum target level.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references and verification of legal right to work in the U.S. Community Energy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Outside Solar Sales Representative is an at-will employee.