Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“We empower individuals during recovery from substance misuse or those with disabilities, to recognize their full potential.”
Mission of Position: The primary role of this position is to provide administrative supervision of
direct care staff in the delivery of services for chemically dependent women and
their children. The outcome achieved through this position will be quality programming for substance abusing women and their children that is provided with efficiency and effectiveness to meet the needs of the special population.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To organize, monitor and track service to improve the quality of care and to ensure services are provided equitably and ethically across the continuum of care
· Provides service to SACOT, SAIOP and Out Patient
· Assessment of client needs
· Assessment of staff needs
· Service implementation
· Service evaluation
· Administrative tasks (time sheets, personnel issues, etc..)
· Direct care
· Communicating with staff
· Communicating with supervisor
· Leading work teams
· This position is required to provide monthly and quarterly reports, BCMS, incident reporting and personnel documentation.
o Monthly program reports
o Quarterly reports
o Mileage Reports
o Service Reporting, Progress Notes and Admissions
o Annual Personnel Performance Evaluations
o Personnel Coaching and Disciplinary Documents
o Incident Reports
Performs other duties as requested by their supervisor within the scope of the job.
· To be considered for this job, an individual must have a Bachelor’s level clinician with 2 years experience
· Master’s level clinician with 1 year experience
· Licensure in Counseling or Social Work or working towards licensure
· Minimum 2 years supervision experience
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Alternatives Inc. is not only committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, but we celebrate it, we support it, and we
thrive as a company because of it. CAI is proud to attract the most qualified employees regardless of age, race, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability (including disabled veterans) or veteran status, in accordance with state and federal laws.
The mission of Community Alternatives is to provide responsive, person-centered services to improve the quality of life for individuals and families.
To foster a continuum of support services in every community we serve.
At Community Alternatives, we value each individual. We ensure the following:
* That our services are accessible
* That everyone understand their rights and responsibilities
* That everyone have access to prompt and fair problem resolution.
* That individuals are guaranteed the opportunity to participate in developing their service plan.
* That everyone has many opportunities for individual growth and a range of choices about how to best reach their personal goals.
* That everyone has the opportunity to participate in program evaluation and quality management.
* That we will use collaboration as the cornerstone of our service delivery system.
* That we will honor cultural, family and individual values.
* That we will use data and outcome information to continually improve our service delivery system.