Founded in 1998, Commission Junction is based in Santa Barbara, California and has offices around the world. As pioneers of pay-for-performance advertising, we have more than a decade of experience connecting advertisers and publishers to generate leads and increase online sales on a CPA basis. Validating our market leader position, CJ is the affiliate provider of choice by 63% of the Internet Retailer Top 500 largest websites. For Commission Junction and our clients, it’s all about results. Our advanced performance marketing solutions help marketers increase online leads and sales. As a company we pride ourselves on being customer service fanatics and find ourselves constantly collaborating with each other and our clients.
Why join us?
In this dynamic role, you will work directly with our Sales, Client Services, Service Operations and Product teams to create solutions that solve clients' technical and marketing challenges and enhance their ability to meet their business goals. To ensure our clients' and CJ’s needs are met, you'll liaise regularly with sales personnel, and colleagues from other departments. You will serve customers by identifying their needs with technical and marketing adaptations of our products and services. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively disseminating and managing the technology solutions and marketing evaluation stages of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as a key adviser and advocate for our products.
Deliver customized pre-sales technical presentations and UI demonstrations to clients and prospects. Collaborate with Sales to close prospective client opportunities and help pitch new products to existing clients. Maintain expert knowledge of all CJ products and how they can be interpreted to achieve a client's business goals. Provide client feedback to CJ product team and propose product enhancements. Complete technical and product questions on RFPs and RFIs. Provide training and produce support material for members of the sales team.
Is this you?
- You're self-motivated and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly-expanding customer base.
- You possess strong presentation skills and are able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- You are organized and analytical, and are able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- You are able to identify issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- You can articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- You can gain customer acceptance
- You contribute to sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; you provide information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; you recommend options and courses of action; you implement directives.
- You exercise sound judgment and good business sense
- You have 3 to 5 years' experience in vendor sales
- You have experience and familiarity with our products and line of business
- You have a BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university