Benefits OfferedDental, Medical, Vision
Compensation$18 to $22 per hour
*Are you looking to start or further your career in the mental health field?
*Do you love working with children?
*Are you a team player and also work well independently?
*Would you like a work environment where you grow in and out of the workplace?
If so, we would like you to consider a position at Comfort Autism Center!
We invite you to advance your career by joining the most dynamic team of ABA professionals in the Twin Cities. We have a unique Center in St. Paul with high standards and a very warm, balanced, and diverse environment. Our Behavior Therapists are top notch, providing 1-to-1 Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to children with ASD.
We offer a well-organized, supportive environment built on teamwork, a strong and nurturing culture with a friendly and positive vibe and commitment to best practices in ABA therapy.
5 main principles comprise the Comfort culture: Respect, Integrity, Kindness, Reliability, and Care.
We offer competitive starting wages at $18.00-$22/hour depending on qualifications, including education and ABA experience.
Job Title: Behavior Therapist, MHP (job requires 2,000-6,000 hours working with children under age 18 with a disability depending on educational background)
Reports To: BCBA or BCaBA Clinical Staff who are experts in Applied Behavior Analysis ABA
Position: Full Time Applied Behavior Analysis ABA therapists (FT/PT )
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation and benefits for all full-time employees including,
- .07/hr worked PTO accrual beginning from your start date
- 8 Paid Holidays, 3 unpaid holidays
- Medical insurance, dental and vision
- Paid Maternity Leave
- DayCare Assistance
- Paid Supervision for Graduated students & BCaBAs
Bachelor’s degree plus 2000 hours working in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methodology. In addition, the candidate must be proficient and experienced in ABA therapy and display a mastery of basic ABA principles.
A high school diploma with 6,000 hours working with children with disabilities(Autism preferred). In addition, the candidate must be proficient and experienced in ABA therapy and display a mastery of basic Applied Behavior Analysis ABA principles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
- Follow and record data for prescribed toilet training protocols.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Utilize safe & appropriate handling procedures when working with clients.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Assist with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments.
- Assist in preparing client materials as instructed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required trainings.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skill sets accordingly.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and community members.
- Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures and abide by code of ethics as indicated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and RBT code of ethics.
- Commitment to maintain client confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA laws.
- Commitment to ongoing training and development as it relates to clinical skills, professional development, ethics, and technology, and training in order to perform job responsibilities to required standard.
- Ability to interpret and implement clinical protocols and written.
- Must maintain a professional appearance with regard to clothing, grooming, hair, and make-up.
BASIC & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds .
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Intervention Plan of each individual client.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
Salary: $18.00-$22/hour depending on education and Applied Behavior Analysis ABA experience
- Bachelor's degree minimum in related field
- Mental Health working with children with disabilities: 1 year minimum
- Appropriate MHP hours based on education/language ability
- Applied Behavior Analysis ABA (1 year minimum strongly preferred)
- Somali language/ Oromo language/Spanish language
Comfort Autism Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related keywords: behavior technician, mental health, counselor, behavioral health, psychology, social worker, ABA therapist
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time,
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
All staff are required to wear masks at all times. We regularly sanitize the commonly used surfaces as well as temperature checks throughout the day.
About Comfort Autism Center:
Company address: 393 N. Dunlap st
Posted date: 8 days ago