The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Dental Assistant to assist the Dental Director, Operations Coordinator, Dentist, and Hygienist in the care and treatment of patients. This position is located at 2111 Champa Street Denver, CO 80205 and reports to the Dental Director and Dental Operations Coordinator.
Résumés without a cover letter may not be considered. In addition to information about qualifications, applicants must describe their interest in helping homeless people and should include language describing their understanding of the causes of homelessness. Please indicate where you first saw this job posting in your cover letter.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists the Dentist and Hygienist during a variety of treatment procedures.
2. Maintains compliance with infection control protocols, including appropriate sterilization of instruments.
3. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
4. Completes protocols for opening and closing of the clinic.
5. Seats patients, obtain medical history, completes radiology and prepares patients for new exam and dental procedures.
6. Assists dental office coordinator with maintaining charts, scheduling appointments and other front office tasks as requested.
7. Primary chairside assisting duties:
8. Secondary front office duties as requested or assigned:
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Graduate from high school or GED
2. Graduation from dental assisting program is required. Program accreditation by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association preferred.
3. Current CPR certification required.
4. One-year experience as a dental assistant with patient care and front office duties preferred.
5. EDDA strongly preferred.
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
The mission of The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
CCH was established in 1984 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. It was founded by a group of individuals with a will to take action on behalf of Colorado's homeless. They recognized the struggles of working people living in poverty. And they refused to tolerate the dangers faced by those people sleeping in their cars, in tents, or on the streets.
More than 30 years later, many of the underlying social causes of homelessness persist, like poverty, shortages of affordable housing, and unattainable healthcare. The Coalition's integrated housing, healthcare, and supportive service programs have been highly effective at responding to these conditions over time.
Our Philosophy of Service
We believe all people have the right to adequate housing and healthcare. We work to remove the barriers that restrict access to these rights. Society benefits when adequate housing and healthcare are available to everyone.
We create lasting solutions to homelessness by:
1. Honoring the inherent dignity of those we serve, affirming their capabilities, and fostering their hope that a better life is possible;
2. Building strong, caring communities through the integration of housing, healthcare, and supportive services;
3. Advocating for social equity and challenging the status quo on behalf of the individuals and families we serve;
4. Achieving excellence through continuous quality assurance, innovation, and professional development; and
5. Using resources judiciously and effectively.
Other applicants: 20+
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted date: 26 days ago