$25 to $28 Hourly
401K, Life, Medical, Dental, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Great benefits, family like atmosphere”
5-10 years of experience as an inside machinist or having held a combination of machinist and quality assurance positions equaling the same.
- Interprets drawings, specifications, and contractual requirements.
- Executes Test & Inspection Plans.
- Performs dimensional and visual inspections of completed parts using precision measurement equipment.
- Prepares dimensional inspection and quality assurance reports.
- Advises Quality Assurance Manager and production staff of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Coordinates witness inspections with customer/government representatives.
- Maintains inventory and calibration status of precision measuring equipment.
- Makes minor corrections to out of spec parts using processes such as boring, milling, and turning.
- Performs machining operations to supplement production machinists when required at peak workloads.
- Must have substantial experience using precision measuring equipment (micrometers, dial indicators, Vernier calipers, etc.).
- Experience with MS Office Suite applications.
- Shipyard and/or US Navy experience a plus.
- “Job Shop” experience a plus.
- CMM experience a plus.
- Full Time
- Must be able to stand and/or lift 30 lbs for an extended period of time
- Must be able to climb ladders shipboard
- First Shift (subject to change depending on workload)
2707 Syer Road, Portsmouth, VA 23707
4 months ago