$22 to $28 Hourly
Life, 401K, Vision, Dental, Medical
Why Work Here?
“Great benefits, family like atmosphere”
5-10 years of experience as a CNC Machinist, Manual Machinist (inside), or some combination thereof.
HS Diploma or equal
Journeyman Certificate preferred
- Performs machining operations utilizing CNC vertical and horizontal mills, Lathes (vertical and horizontal), and horizontal boring machines.
- Performs setup and fixturing of parts in machines prior to machining.
- Reviews programs and works with programmers to correct any issues.
- Reads blueprints and work process guidelines to ensure that parts are produced to specification.
- Takes in-process measurements of machined parts.
- Understanding of CNC controls such as Mazatrol and Fanuc G-code programs
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Solid knowledge of cutting tools and tool setting
- Experience with the use of precision measuring equipment
- Shipyard/defense experience a huge plus.
- “Job shop” experience a huge plus
- Full Time
- Must be able to stand and/or lift 30 lbs for an extended period of time
- Must be able to climb ladders shipboard
- First Shift (subject to change depending on workload)
- Pay level commensurate with experience
2707 Syer Road, Portsmouth, VA 23707
4 months ago