Sorry, this job was closed 2 years ago. See all open Business Analyst Jobs in Charlotte, NC
Sr. Business Analyst
CCBCC is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Reporting & Analytics team as a BI Analyst. This key role will provide and perform strategic business analysis in support of various company initiatives (i.e., new reporting development, system enhancements, or process improvements). The BI Analyst will be responsible for the identification of reporting and analysis needs associated with the building, modeling, and documentation of reports and processes. Responsible for building relationships with the operational analysts and supporting the business in leveraging CCBCC's BI investments, which include the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Power Pivot, and Tableau. This role will also liaison between the business and IT groups. He or she will provide training documentation to the organization around tool usage and specific report/dashboard training.
- Assist in the design, re-design, implementation, generation and validation of operational business reports to capture metrics.
- Execute complex data analyses which require using extensive database management skills necessary to complete comprehensive executive summaries.
- Manage ad-hoc requests and multiple projects simultaneously, while operating in a high tempo environment with ever changing priorities and tasks.
- Develop expert knowledge of in house data sources, and become adept at quickly extracting and analyzing data from these sources.
- Work with multiple stakeholders (including IT and Sales) to improve reporting and tracking from our in-house systems.
- Write multi-level queries employing all necessary quality control techniques ensuring data accuracy.
- Maintain various Professional Services SharePoint sites (e.g. Tableau, Power pivot, Home Market, On Premise, Distribution and Marketing).
- Test, document and train field operations, operation analysts and project leaders on Professional Services tools (Margin Minder, Tableau, Power Pivot, Mind blazer, etc.).
- Assists in development of reporting tools (currently Tableau and PowerPivot) and serves as Lead Report Developer
- Act as the point person for business support around leveraging the BI investments (data needs, reporting needs, training needs, etc.)
- Manage collaboration and relationship between BI, ISS, and Operational Analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Business required
- 2-3 years' experience as a BI business analyst AND developer
- 2-3 years' experience with EDW technology.
- Experience with SQL and querying data sets.
- 3-5 years working directly with business partners.
- Proven track record of building long term, key relationships with business partners and driving BI/reporting solutions from idea to value realization.
- Experience as point person for business support around leveraging the BI investments (data needs, reporting needs, training needs, etc.
- Experience working collaboratively and in team environment with other departments
- Excellent requirement gathering skills, has the ability to ask the right questions and need for inherent curiosity.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to create visualization and project mapping.
- Ability to maintain reporting creation and distribution deadlines.
- Strong skills on MS SQL Server (must have used in last 3 months).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, financial modeling, Enterprise Data Warehouse and dash-boarding met.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, ability to work independently, to meet organizational objectives and deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
- A proactive learner and self-starter, taking initiative in continuous improvement in all job-related aspects.
- Management experience preferred.
Posted date: 2 years ago
Browse Business Analyst jobs in Charlotte, North Carolina:
Hybris BSA/Business Analyst - FT Direct Hire - North Carolina
Oak Tree Management, Inc in Charlotte, NC
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Commercial Analytics Specialist
Bakkavor Foods USA in Charlotte, NC
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Ryan Consulting Group in Charlotte, NC
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter