TECHNICAL BA/SME - Investment Banking
Long Term Consulting Contract
Compensation: $50-60 Per Hour
The Technical Analyst will be the technology partner and expected to become the subject matter expert for IT topics for the stakeholder groups. The Technical Analyst will be the primary interface to the international technology teams for the New York stakeholders, and will be responsible for clearly documenting the process flows and requirements. They will also be a capable technologist responsible for solution delivery in addition to ensuring that established data delivery specifications and methodologies are followed with third-party providers.
This role will be mainly accountable to the account lead for technology in New York.
· Work with middle office, compliance officers, and settlements staff to document new system functionality or improve existing system functionality.
· Be a subject matter expert for post trade business processes in the US markets and their associated technology. Act as a trusted advisor to internal clients on technology best practice..
· Work with the global development teams to design, document, and implement changes required to enable the post trade capability.
· Be accountable for the local delivery. Manage projects with international technology teams to deliver solutions based on business requirements and technical analysis. Monitor and manage the development team's milestones and deliverables.
· Understand the Fixed Income and Equities trade lifecycles and how application environments process these trades.
· Understand how the business uses these applications and the suitability of the current platform in supporting the business. Document and maintain a roadmap of projects and improvements.
· Establish strong relationships with business users and IT teams. Become a trusted partner for both global technology teams and regional business managers.
· Streamline existing processes through innovation and technical analysis. Detailed analysis and documentation of the application platform components.
· Develop test cases, test and validate new functionality, and prepare the systems for User Acceptance
· Facilitate business acceptance of completed functionality
· Adhere to architectural standards and bring solutions to Architecture Review Borads.
· Perform day-to-day technology tasks for stakeholders as required. This will include Excel-based data analysis, shell/perl scripting, etc.
Experience & Skills Required
· Using best practice business analysis principles –
o Process Definition: Use Cases, Diagrams, Business Rules, Constraints, Assumptions
o Interviewing Business Users: Extract the process workflow, business benefit, and the risks/issues from system users.
o Documenting Processes and Functionality: Ability to write clearly and concisely expressing an objective view.
o Issue/Risk Identification & Clarification: Ability to define an issue and its impact.
o Sponsorship / Stakeholder Identification: Ability to seek out the key users for an application.
o Prioritization – Ability to prioritize pieces of work based on business benefit, risk, and other priorities.
o Exit Criteria and Acceptance – Ability to clearly define S.M.A.R.T. exit criteria and user acceptance test cases .
· Understanding business process management and business requirements gathering / analysis and the ability to translate them into end-to-end solution designs, including process and technical designs
· Ability to rationalize and simplify complex processes into a succinct document outlining flow diagrams, tables, and business rules.
· Business Case Definition & Cost Analysis. A strong appreciation of key business drivers and an understanding of the IT impact upon the business.
· In depth knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Life-cycle) and the importance of each phase.
· Is able to adapt to different project styles – from detailed specifications to agile story definition, applying core business analysis principles
· Direct experience with relational databases such as Sybase, MS SQL Server or Oracle.
· Direct experience with Excel VBA development.
Essential to the role are:
· Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
· Has a diplomatic style with the ability to influence and direct where necessary.
· Has a technical background such as experience using and deploying database technologies, programming or technical architecture.
· Project management principles and a clear understanding of the role of the Business Analyst. Ability to hold teams accountable to and ensure technology adheres to established documented IT policies and protocols.
· Excellent problem solving abilities
· Previous client-facing experience managing multiple projects at the same time.
· Ability to present to and interface with senior leadership / Executive management.
Preference will be given to:
· Experience working inside a capital markets division of a global financial institution.Experience working with US regulatory reporting requirements.
· Experience working with US order management platforms such as Fidessa USTP.
· Experience working with reconciliation platforms such as TLM Recs.
· Experience working with clearing / settlement companies, platforms and technology, such as:SWIFT, Broadridge BPS, Cage.,DTC
· Experience with RAD technology tools, such as: C# / Java development, Unix shell scripting, PERL / Python scripting, Stored procedures
· Understanding of investment banking and investment banking operations a plus.
· Knowledge or experience with vendors including as Broadridge, Smartloan, and Loanet for downstream interfacing.
Capital Markets Consulting International Group, Inc., is an accomplished and talented financial services industry consulting firm. The firm provides consulting services to the following departments of financial services companies:
Trading and sales
Browse technical business analyst jobs in New York City, New York:
Qstride in New York, NY
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Traxion Group, Inc in New York, NY
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
IQLogg in New York, NY
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter