Our client in Southern New Hampshire is seeking a Payroll Tax Manager to manage payroll tax reporting and administration. This role requires a broad knowledge of payroll operations, employment related taxation and benefits as well as proven decision-making skills. Supervises staff of 9.
- Manages a cross functional department of high complexity.
- Responsible for managing accuracy and timeliness of all federal, state and local payroll tax deposits and returns for multiple business lines and subsidiaries (including Canada), paying approximately 40,000 employees in all 50 states as well as 19,000 retirees
- Ensures regulatory and jurisdictional compliance as well as compliance with internal policy and procedures.
- Develops advanced technical knowledge of taxation and oversees the efficient operation of payroll tax audits, projects and initiatives.
- Addresses potential non-compliance matters and systems modifications as needed. Recommends and implements processes that improve the efficiency and accuracy of compliance related activities.
- Performs research and provides memoranda with supporting conclusions for tax positions
- Responsible for analyzing statistical data, expense modeling and budget preparation for the department.
- Extensive knowledge of Taxation, Payroll, Benefits and Accounting concepts.
- Strong management, analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with and influence senior Management.
- BS degree in Accounting, Masters in Taxation or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years related tax experience in a mid-sized to large company, with 5 years leadership capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal, State and Local Payroll Tax and Accounting concepts.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with various internal departments and external tax agencies.
$85 - $115k base; 10% bonus