Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Director Quality Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
Director, Quality Systems (4492)
Location: Chicago, IL
Relocation assistance: Yes
Reports to: VP-Supply Chain and Operational Effectiveness
Direct Reports: 3 (but will likely grow to 6 to 9 people)
Our client is the leading independent distributor of industrial chemicals and provider of related specialty services in the US. The company serves a customer base of some 50,000 industrial customers, with a full portfolio of products. The majority are commodities that the company buys in bulk then processes, blends and repacks to meet the diverse requirements of the industries it serves. Others are specialties -- purchased pre-packaged and sold on a technical basis, usually under a manufacturer's own brand. The company also provides a number of related services, both to its customers and suppliers, such as blending, managing customer inventories, packaging, labeling, warehouse management, waste management, technical support and managing vendor reduction programs. The company operates a network of approximately 75 distribution centers located throughout the US, employs approximately 4000 people, and has total revenue of approximately $6 billion.
The Director Quality Systems will lead the company's Quality Systems Program with a focus on Quality Planning and Control, Managing Product Recalls and Customer Complaints Handling. The Director Quality Systems will be responsible for developing the Quality Systems Program in line with the Quality Management (QM) Module in SAP and industry best practice. The Director Quality Systems will be accountable for the development of regional quality resources and implementing a uniform Quality Systems Program nationally.
The Quality Systems Program will ensure that products are free from defects through:
· Quality Management Systems –
o Managing processes
o Managing products
o Failure mode and effect analysis
o Verification and validation
o Service management
· Conformance Management–
o Consistent/accurate bench chemistry
o Identifying quality issues
o Preventing quality issues
· Specifications Management –
o Right product
o Right specifications
o Correct labeling/documentation
o Other customer requests
The Quality Systems Director will build the company's Quality Capability using SAP’s QM functionality. This will standardize and automate the inbound inspection process, the outbound inspection process and life-cycle management. QM will also automate recall management capability from receipt, communication to performing a recall and finally automation of the complaints handling process. QM will facilitate the receipt, recording and processing of customer complaints, product defects and the rapid return of defect or damaged product.
The Director Quality Systems responsibilities are consistent with the development, maintenance and implementation of an ongoing quality management strategy that ensures compliance with U.S. laws and regulations, quality assurance standards, and other similar standards, industry best practices, and company policies and procedures. The Director will oversee the various aspects of the company's Quality Management program, which shall include:
• Management, including implementation, maintenance QM documentation and process compliance system within SAP
• Ensuring compliance with Federal standards. Lead and implement changes to ensure compliance. Previous experience with food grade applications/FDA requirements a must have
• Organizing and facilitating external regulatory body audits. Develop, implement and maintain a corporate Internal Audit System Program. Support product and process audits
• Organize and lead Quality Management Review Meetings with the regions. Be responsible for Quality Systems Performance Metrics and associated reports
• Lead the management of the Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) or similar Quality Management system, including managing timely completion of the CAPA’s
• Proactively manage customer complaints, including; maintenance of the associated documentation, maintenance of the response quality and response quantity metrics, development and maintenance of processes for collecting, processing, investigation and closing complaint files, and complaint investigation
• Managing Product Performance Data Trending reports
• Develop and maintain a Quality Management Training system, which will include the use of modules and courses to be used for the training of Regional Quality Managers and Operations Managers in understanding the Quality System
· Implement and manage a best in class Quality Systems capability
· Manage product quality, quality planning and control, product recalls and complaints handling
· Provide direction and training to Regional Quality Managers
· Manage supplier quality issues (through SRM process)
· Standardize testing and validation process (including bench chemistry)
· Manage returns and product recall process execution
· Work with process owners and IT resources to make data and business information available to organizations for process improvement
· Communicate effectively with management and other stakeholders regarding quality issues and improvements
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the VP of Operational Effectiveness
· Bachelor’s degree in Physical Science, Engineering, Business Management or related field.
· Lean/Six Sigma certification required with Lean Sensei, Six Sigma Blackbelt or similar levels of education and experience highly preferred
· Must have minimum of five years management experience with direct report responsibility in a chemical, food or related regulated industry in quality assurance, quality management, quality improvement, or Six Sigma role. Familiarity with food grade applications of chemicals required
· SAP QM or other major ERP Quality Systems Application experience required
· Any or all of the following professional society certifications are desired: ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), and ASQ Certified Manager (CQM)
· Proven experience with dealing successfully with external customers in the resolution of their complaint issues
· Demonstrated knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to quality standards affecting the distribution of chemicals or hazardous products
· Proven experience developing and implementing best practices and policies and procedures to assure products meet customer quality standards
· Demonstrated leadership talent, with the ability to motivate all levels of employees by virtue of keen business acumen, excellent judgment, professional competence, credibility, flexibility, and personal integrity.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to inspire trust and confidence with employees at all levels.
· Strong ability to execute against strategy, with an eye towards customer satisfaction, regulatory and quality compliance and cost-effectiveness. Ability to competently manage the Department’s budget.
· Proven success in managing, organizing and/or completing multiple tasks and priorities.
· History of managing and being managed to targeted results
· A track record of continuous improvement
· Proven capability to work with people at all levels of an organization
· Ability to develop consulting and dynamic team facilitation skills.
· Influential leadership, strong facilitation capabilities. Demonstrated ability to get results through others not under direct supervision
· Must be able to build effective working relationships with all colleagues, customers and business partners
· Ability to work autonomously in remote locations while coordinating several continuous improvement activities, potentially across several locations
· Display teamwork abilities and maintain a positive attitude
· Ability to meet deadlines and satisfy customers with multiple and conflicting priorities
· Ability to facilitate cross-functional process improvement teams
· History of successful project management experience
· Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise; Ability to effectively interact one-on-one with all levels of management
· Ability to collect, analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data. Demonstrate excellent analytical, root cause analysis, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Able to work under deadlines and handle multiple and detail-oriented tasks
· Proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint required MS Access and statistical software experience preferred
About Client of OnDemand Resources:
OnDemand Resources, a three time Inc. 500/5000 company, helps talented procurement, supply chain management and operations candidates connect with top tier client companies to deliver critical initiatives on a project, interim and full-time basis. Working with OnDemand is a win-win proposition. Through its strong functional focus, OnDemand provides candidates with the opportunity to pursue their career goals with best-in-class companies while simultaneously providing clients with a single source solution to their needs for exceptional professionals.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Director Quality jobs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: