Administrative Assistant Job Description
Location: Houston TX US 77040 – 290 and W Little York
Job Status: Temp-To-Hire
Type: Full Time
Pay Rate: $9-$11
Hours: Mon- Fri 8 AM to 5 PM (Overtime As Required)
Career Level: Entry Level with 2-3 years of experience
Education: High School or equivalent
Provide clerical and administrative support – office, staff and project team as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs incoming calls for proper handling and completion.
- Copies, distributes, and files various reports and documents.
- Interacts daily with office staff, and project managers as required.
- Processes outgoing mail and packages for shipping.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Travels to office supply store, post office, etc. when needed.
- Performs other general office duties as requested
- Assembles and mails reports in both hard copy and electronic form.
- Coordinates equipment and samples to vendors.
- May assist in tracking of project deliverables.
- May assist in generating various reports through in-house database queries.
- May assist in the preparation of incoming payables for approval and processing.
Job Duties – REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to engage with clients and internal staff at all levels.
- Ability to take minimum instruction, be flexible and ask appropriate questions as needed to meet and or exceed task or job duty requirements.
- Must be Reliable, Detail-oriented, Self-motivated, and a Team player.
- Must take initiative with Managers and provide follow-up.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, and databases, preferably MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access
- Pleasant demeanor in greeting visitors and dealing with telephones calls.
- Ability to use basic office equipment (e.g., telephone system, printer, fax, copier, etc.)
- A pre-employment background check and drug test is required.
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds when needed; must be able to sit 75% of the time and stand 25% of the time.