This is a consulting position located in New York City.
As a Developer in Front Office Technology, you will be working in a highly heterogeneous environment both in terms of technologies and platforms as well as in terms of background of other team members. You will be expected to bring your own in-depth knowledge or expertise to the table.
As part of a team within Front Office Technology that deals with Risk Systems & Historic Data, this role is suitable for individuals with a get-things-done attitude. It will appeal to you if you have a desire to work in a meritocratic environment where everyone is expected to be disciplined, organized and held to a high standard of results.
If you are passionate about technology, you will have the opportunity to help develop our front office technology environment. This role is suitable for a self-starter who is capable of working independently but can also work within a team.
You will work in all aspects of the Front Office technology platform, with focus on risk and historic data. You will also provide second line of support (including on-call duties), as this Front Office Technology team supports business functions that are operationally critical to the firm.
- Excellent problem solver
- Very strong back-end experience, server side Java
- Excellent understanding of core Java - data structures, concurrent programming, java vm memory management, collections, network programming
- Experience with systems integration, distributed systems, and various design patterns
- Knowledge of caching techniques and frameworks, Spring and its sub-frameworks, XML, REST, RPC, w/ authentication
- Experience with messaging technologies - publish/subscribe, request/response
- Experience with relational databases, entity relationship modelling required, working knowledge of SQL required
- Active knowledge of build / continuous integration tools
- Proficient in scripting such as shell scripting, Python, or Perl
- Experience with Big Data technologies highly advantageous
- Market data development experience very useful - RMDS, OMM, Client
- Time series systems/databases programming experience including APIs
- Experience with R or another statistical package
- Financial industry expertise advantageous (risk systems)
- C++ experience useful but does not have to be current
- Rule engine experience useful but not required
About Clarity Group, LLC:
The Clarity Group, LLC:
Clarity is a professional information technology-staffing firm for the financial services industry. Our passion is locating and delivering highly specific talent for world class trading firms. Our client base is diverse, from major investment banks to top global hedge funds. We are in daily contact with senior managers, quantitative analysts, developers and technical support personnel for a broad range of financial firms. Our work has enabled us to develop a highly productive and respected network of professionals and we have a well-known name within our niche.