Sorry, this job was closed 1 month ago. See all open Senior Construction Estimator Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Senior Construction Estimator
Mid-size commercial construction firm in Los Angeles seeks an experienced estimator with knowledge of construction estimating software (OnCenter, Sage 300 estimating, Bluebeam) and/or extensive Excel expertise.
Applicants should reply to this ad with a brief description of their construction estimating experience and a resume. If you are contacted for an interview you will be asked to give specific examples of how you have performed each of the duties listed below in your previous work.
You will also be asked to provide two references, at least one of which should be from a previous employer.
- Request bids from subcontractors
- Contribute to and update the firm's preferred subcontractor list
- Read Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing drawings and specifications
- Ensure that all details on construction drawings have been accounted for in the bidding process
- Work with Sage 300, OnCenter, or Excel and our firm's Project Managers to produce estimates
- Track changes in drawings and proposals in detail when they are required to be re-bid several times
- Develop Excel spreadsheets itemizing subcontractor costs and proposal costs for each job
- Estimate the amount of time each job will take to complete
- Estimate costs for each trade from PDF and CAD files of potential projects
- Compile proposals from different trades to reflect different proposal options to clients
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Strong technical understanding of how to read plans as shown to our Senior Estimator in an interview using actual plans
- A good attitude, dependability, and the ability to work in a team environment and/or independently as demonstrated by references
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as shown by examples of previous work (electronic files are ok)
- The ability to write reasonably well (e.g., no grammar or spelling errors) as shown by an example of previous work
- The ability to work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines as shown by examples given during the interview
- Candidates who have experience with estimating software or who have a history of computer expertise will be preferred
- A degree in Construction Management or extensive experience in the field of commercial construction
- Previous experience creating conceptual estimates and with hospitality is preferred
About City Constructors, Inc.:
City Constructors delivers artisan quality construction on time and within budget. Whether as General Contractors or providing Construction Management Services, we have the vision and the experience to take a well-managed, business savvy approach to every project. With over 100 years of combined construction experience, we have built a solid reputation on timely completion and accuracy in execution.
Posted 2 months ago
Browse Senior Construction Estimator jobs in Los Angeles, California:
Environmental Construction Inc. in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior - Door / Frame / Hardware / DFH Estimator
RetroLock Corp. in City Of Industry, CA
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Jr. Estimator NEW!
Powerfull Electric in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter