Due Diligence Landman - San Antonio & Austin area
SUMMARY: As a Due Diligence Landman, you will determine interests in minerals, leases, and wells through document research and interest calculations on developed and undeveloped oil & gas properties. You will evaluate existing title reports and make a determination as to which, if any, are correct based on provided documentation. Finally, you will prepare written acquisition title reports and/or defect reports based on your findings.
- Deliver written acquisition title reports and prepare packets of supporting documentation based on detailed specifications.
- Calculate working interest, net revenue interest, net acres and mineral interest.
- Identify title defects, as defined by the project terms.
- Review division of interests, revenue, and joint interest billing decks.
- Review oil and gas leases for key provisions.
- Analyzing and interpreting oil and gas curative and title.
- Review well files and well production; determine if leases are held by production.
- Review right-of-ways, surface use agreements, easements, and damage settlements.
- Review data from subscription-based and public sources such as the Texas Railroad Commission or DrillingInfo.
- Interpret basic provisions of contracts affecting leasehold, including farm-ins/farm-outs, joint development agreements, joint operating agreements, unit agreements, and acreage swaps.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Complete tasks independently, accurately and timely.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the project lead.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college; JD preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting due diligence or writing title opinions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and online collaboration and file sharing sites.
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, strong ethics and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently.
- Able to work in an office setting and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery frequently as well as perform minimal lifting on occasion.
About Cinco Energy Management Group:
Cinco Energy Management Group provides comprehensive land management, consulting, and GIS services for onshore Oil & Gas properties in North America. We provide investors across the globe with advice, insights, and access to relationships developed throughout our 25 years in the Oil & Gas industry. Cinco has five offices throughout the United States and represents clients from five continents that are active in North American shale plays.
Cinco Energy Management Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 2 days ago