Posted 1 year ago in Engineering
The Engineering Manager position provides guidance of engineering personnel to produce engineering designs and documentation in accordance with OSI and customer requirements. Responsible for the overall design of electrical systems, including the selection of and interconnecting wiring of components included in the system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Determine and produce specifications for the procurement of electrical components such as motors, VFDs, junction boxes, transformers, etc.
• Analyze vendor proposals for electrical components to determine their compliance with in-house and customer specifications.
• Ability to produce and oversee the creation of system electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, and wiring diagrams.
• Assist in the design and procurement of electrical control consoles. Minimum 10 years PLC experience
• Plans and develops experimental testing procedures for the electrical system if necessary.
• Oversees and guides electrical designers during the creation of electrical related documents.
• Work with client’s electrical engineers to ensure the integration of our equipment into their electrical system.
• Evaluates possible improvements of function or economics in our current controls and electrical system.
• Familiar with the use of common electrical engineering analytical software and
Programming. This Electrical Engineer needs minimum 10 years PLC experience.
• Provide technical support for installation of equipment and occasional aftermarket support
BSEE or related and be familiar with the use of common electrical engineering analytical software and Programming. This Electrical Engineer needs minimum 10 years PLC experience.
IF not US Citizen, must have US Permanent Resident status (green card).
Browse senior electrical engineer jobs in New Orleans, Louisiana: