Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
We are a family owned and operated company that has been in business since 1917. We are in a period of rapid modernization and technological expansion which provides this position the opportunity to help shape the future of our IT infrastructure.
The Software Engineer position in the Web Team is responsible for planning and implementing software solutions to support the ecommerce and retail operations for Cimarron Lumber and Supply Company.
This position will primarily focus on developing and supporting web applications including, but not limited to our corporate intranet, product information manager and point of sale systems. Communication and teamwork are vital to the success of this position.
This position is located at our mid-town Kansas City, MO office, near the plaza.
What will you be doing?
• Develop high scalability projects involving custom APIs and micro-service architecture
• Re-implement legacy systems using modern object-oriented MVC design practices
• Participate in and contribute to discussions on system architectures, design patterns and development best practices
• Design, develop and implement unit and feature testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
• Participate in a support rotation, providing support to both internal and external customers through chat, email, and phone calls
• Stay current with new technology
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
• 3+ years of professional programming experience
• Ability to work closely with a Team
• Desire for self-improvement and continued learning
• Attention to detail
• Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
• Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Critical thinking skills
• Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, SOA, IOC, Dependency Injection, and Mocking
• Experience working with a major MVC Framework
• Experience with GIT version control system
• Positive and professional attitude
• Extensive knowledge of PHP preferably using Laravel Framework
· Experience with Vue.js framework
· Experience with smartphone / tablet applications
• Good understanding of Web Service protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
• User interface design (UI/UX)
• Experience migrating/converting legacy systems
• Comfortable Writing and Analyzing MySQL Queries
• Database tuning and administration experience
• Experience with Google Analytics, and PowerBI
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and the LAMP stack
• Knowledge of Apache web server, including virtual host directives, rewrite rules, and configurations
• Exposure to the C language, DB2 or IBM i-Series
Cimarron Lumber & Supply located near the Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri provides purchasing, general administrative and I.T. services for the Sutherlands family of companies (Sutherlands). Sutherlands is a privately-owned, family run organization founded in 1917 and is one of the largest privately-owned home improvement center chains in the United States. Sutherlands currently operates approximately 52 home centers in 13 states.
Company address: 4000 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
Posted date: 12 days ago