Posted 2 years ago in Hospitality/Restaurant
At Chipotle, we are committed to creating a performance based culture that leads to the best restaurant experience possible for our employees and our customers. We also believe in developing our people and promoting from within; however, due to our growth we have a unique opportunity for this mid-management position. It is essential that anyone hired into this role will establish themselves as a top performer, develop people quickly, and within their first year move into the next leadership role of Team Leader.
The Area Manager is highly motivated to build a team of top performers by training and developing General Managers; providing clear, consistent direction, and recognizing individual and team contributions. He/she oversees recruiting, training, management, budget compliance, and overall operations of approximately five (5) to nine (9) Chipotle restaurants to ensure excellent customer service, high quality foods, people development, food safety, store cleanliness, and maximum profitability. The Area Manager maintains communication, acts as a liaison with Chipotle leadership, and facilitates a focus on Chipotle’s culture and values: high performing teams, Food With Integrity, excellent customer service, and an inviting atmosphere in the restaurants.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identifying General Managers with high potential and developing them into successful Restaurateurs (R, R2-R4) and Apprentice Team Leaders
• Achieving and maintaining “Operational Excellence” which includes a successful and well-developed crew and staff, pristine restaurants that serve excellent food, and strong financials
• Maintaining and driving high standards and expectations around food quality, customer service, food safety, and store cleanliness by empowering teams in every restaurant he/she is responsible for
• Having a clear understanding of and the ability to perform every job in the restaurant
• Being held accountable for all aspects of their restaurants’ performance and serving as ultimate decision-maker for their restaurants
• Engaging in clear, consistent communications with field leadership and restaurant staff on a frequent basis
• Demonstrating respect for individual employees and showing appreciation for their efforts and contributions
• Building an effective team of employees through, training and development; supplying meaningful and timely performance feedback
• Ensuring the compliance of Chipotle policies and procedures (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
• Have consistently demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Understand what empowerment means and have the ability to empower their teams
• Possess the ability to make the people around them better - by creating a culture in all of their restaurants that appeals to high performers, where each person on the team is empowered to hold themselves and each other accountable to high standards
• Understand that their success is based on the success of their teams, and aspire to make the people around them better than they are
• Be committed to operational and training systems
• Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Possess strong supervisory and organizational skills
• Be able to interact easily with diverse employees
• Have at least five (5) years restaurant/retail management experience
• Have thorough knowledge of and be committed to the culture and values of Chipotle
• Be knowledgeable of and have the ability to use a PC and MS Office Suite proficiently
• Be able to travel occasionally
Positions available nationwide. Relocation Assistance Available.
The Business of Good Food
At Chipotle, we aim to do a few things but do them exceptionally well. When Chipotle first opened its doors in 1993, the goal was simple: to serve high quality, delicious food quickly with an experience that not only exceeded, but redefined the fast food experience.
To that end, we focus on sourcing the best possible ingredients, serving the tastiest food, and growing the most capable team we can.
Good food IS good business.
Browse area manager jobs in Cincinnati, Ohio:
JASPER MEDIA - Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltim, OH
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, OH
Posted 10 days ago on Beyond
GSF USA, Inc (GSF Ohio) - Cincinnati, OH
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply