$55,000 to $60,000 Annually
Dental, 401K, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“Work from home. Flexible schedule. Fast growth career. Competitive salary. Help small businesses and non-profits. Never get bored!”
Are you looking for a dynamic and exciting career in the accounting industry? Are you interested in working with small businesses owners and non-profit organizations to help them manage and grow their businesses and make strategic decisions? Do you have a passion for learning new things and experiencing new challenges on a daily basis? Do you want to work with an amazing team of professional people that care about each other and are vested in each other’s growth? Then this is the job you've been looking for!
This role is crafted for a more experienced bookkeeper (3+ years of full-charge experience) ready to progress in their accounting career from bookkeeper to controller. This position will mostly perform bookkeeping tasks for more complex clients, while performing some light controller-level work and guiding entry-level staff.
You are perfect for this position if you:
- Have a yearning to help small businesses and non-profit organizations grow (and maybe even aspire to have your own small business one day!).
- Aspire to progress your career from Bookkeeper to Controller to CFO for small businesses.
- Thirst for knowledge and learning new things.
- Find it interesting to manage the accounting for all sorts of different industries (and learn the nuances of each type of industry).
- Get bored easily and strive to have every day present a new and interesting challenge.
- Desire a great career in an accounting firm that is growing fast.
- Fancy working with a great team of people who genuinely like and care for each other.
- Want to earn a competitive salary and benefits.
- Dream of working working from home (even in your pjs!) with a flexible schedule that you choose.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input transactions into QuickBooks from a variety of sources, including bank accounts, credit cards, POS systems, specialty software, etc.
- Reconcile bank, credit card and loan accounts
- Input and pay bills, and issue invoices on behalf of clients
- Manage the cash flow for clients and resolve any potential cash flow deficiencies
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial reports, including financial projections
- Prepare and files various non-income tax reports (e.g. sales tax, property tax, etc.)
- Assist clients in remaining compliant with various Federal and State regulations (e.g. business licenses, corporate registrations, payroll tax accounts, etc.)
- Manage 1099 reporting and W-9 collection
- Process payroll and manage client payroll systems
- Onboard and offboard clients' employees
- Resolve payroll tax notices
- Review bookkeeping entries and payroll prepared by junior associates to ensure accuracy
- Help manage and guide junior associate staff members
- Maintain client relationships and serve as main point of contact with assigned clients on a daily basis.
- Support projects as delegated by manager
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent bookkeeping certification, or relevant prior experience, required.
- 2 to 3 years’ of experience working as a full-charge bookkeeper with payroll experience required. (5+ years required if no degree or certification)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with QuickBooks required.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability and desire to work with, guide and provide on-the-job training to junior associate staff members.
- Desire to learn and grow in your accounting career.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be a part of our growing firm, where you will:
- Be groomed to become an expert in financial management for small businesses and help guide clients to financial success.
- Experience the excitement of working with multiple small businesses across different industries-- including tech start-ups, retail stores, non-profits, and law firms (to name a few).
- Engage in ongoing education, training and development while growing your career
- Earn a competitive salary and benefits (which include full health insurance, matching 401(k) plan, etc), while working a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work from home!
Interested in applying? Please submit your resume AND a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for our company. We would love to hear from you!
About CFO Services Group:
CFO Services Group is a boutique accounting firm that specializes in providing management accounting services to small businesses and non-profit organizations. Our dynamic firm engages in high level strategic consulting, detailed bookkeeping work, and other critical administrative duties. We are a one-stop shop for all the financial needs of our clients, ensuring that all the pieces of the financial picture are functioning as one cohesive unit.
CFO Services Group is expanding and ready to hire a dynamic accounting professional to service existing clientele. We are a fast growth accounting firm with plenty of opportunity for upward movement. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to grow in your accounting career.
1666 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009
26 days ago