Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago.
The Center for Women and Families is searching for the ideal candidate to fill the position of President/CEO. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the President/CEO will plan, organize and lead the organization that provides trauma informed advocacy and support for individuals, families and entire communities affected by intimate partner violence and sexual assault. All activities will be conducted with the utmost respect and commitment to social justice. Core responsibilities include strategic vision and leadership, governance, development, infrastructure and operations, program oversight and community relations.
The President/CEO will be responsible for the following:
1.) Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to maintain a strategic vision for the organization.
2.) Implement the strategic plan developed by the Board and Management team that leverages and expands the Center for Women and Families’ capabilities and strengths.
3.) Assure an organizations culture that leads to ongoing excellence in quality of service and financial performance.
4.) Build relationships with community partners. Represents the Center and its mission in all public forums, government relations, media and external agencies and organizations.
5.) Assure that federal regulations and professional accreditation standards are met.
6.) Maintain effective lines of communication between the Center and the following:
a. Professional Organizations
b. Government Officials
c. Regulatory Agencies
7.) Provides program oversight to program activities including best practices such as Trauma Informed Care and ensures that the Center is in compliance with specific requirements.
8.) Provides overall direction, leadership and coordination of all organizational activities ensuring stability through development and implementation of standards, controls and regular evaluation.
9.) Ensures financial stability and sustainability for the organization while overseeing the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
10.) Other duties according to the full position description and as directed by the Board of Directors.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Advanced degree in business administration, human services, health care, or social work preferred.
2. Seven to ten plus years of leadership experience in a complex health related organization; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
3. Expertise in board development, fundraising, marketing and fiscal management is required.
4. Overseeing services of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and domestic violence survivor and their families preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
1. Leadership ability required. Ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities, adapt to constantly changing priorities keeping workflow constant, meet timelines, and maintain effective working relationships. Must be able to establish the highest integrity with others to coordinate work in order to meet objectives.
2. Knowledge of functions and activities of a non-profit Board of Directors, and information that must be shared with the Board to satisfy fiduciary responsibilities.
3. Skill in providing organizational leadership by establishing, articulating, and modeling the vision and goals. Must be able to guide others in a direction that is consistent with the vision and goals; ability to serve as a role model for a culture of ethical behavior.
4. Skill and demonstrated experience in strategic planning including the ability to formalize a longer range plan to define organizational goals, including the ability to assess internal and external factors which have an impact on success.
5. Skill and demonstrated experience in public relations such as the ability to speak in public and positively reflect the organization’s image as a leader in the field.
6. Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with Board members, management, regulators, and a wide variety of constituencies.
7. Skill of dealing with diverse and complex business problems, issues, and opportunities in which many problems exist simultaneously, the problems compete for immediate attention, and the issues are interrelated.
8. Ability to make effective decisions and execute a course of action considering appropriate variables.
9. Ability to analyze and interpret regulatory information, determine its potential impact to the organization, and take appropriate action.
This position involves working within a typical indoor office environment around general office equipment and requires the ability to work outside of regular office hours.
The Center for Women and Families offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for the qualified candidate.
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume outlining qualifications, along with compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “Center for Women and Families” in the subject line. All applicants will be notified of receipt of credentials, and will also receive an update of the search timeline. Applicants not providing a cover letter, resume with qualifications and compensation requirements may not be considered.
The Center for Women and Families provides trauma-informed advocacy and support for individuals, families and communities affected by intimate partner violence and sexual assault. We mitigate the impact of trauma by building resiliency and reducing risk factors at all levels. We are guided by a strong grassroots feminist history, and a commitment to social and economic justice. We co-create violence free lives, families, and communities.
Company address: 927 S 2nd St, Louisville, KY 40203
Posted date: 8 months ago
Browse President CEO jobs in Louisville KY USA:
B2BCFO in Louisville, KY
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Trilogy Health Services in Louisville, KY
Posted 9 months ago on iCIMS
Hosparus Inc in Louisville, KY
Posted 1 month ago on Market Intelligence Jobs - Aggregator