The Database Administrator position ensures that all members of the team are informed of updates made in client & company databases. The Database Administrator manages assigned databases for locations by utilizing client databases and company systems such as Quick Base, Oracle/EPS, and Documentum. All updates and documents posted in client databases should follow the documented procedures to ensure documentation is retained for the life of the project. This position must understand the Network requirements of the client and company databases and the internal constraints, policies and procedures that must be followed to ensure compliance with division and corporate standards. The Database Administrator is responsible for training others in assigned database, ensuring quality and accuracy in the database, assigning workloads to other members of the database team, and interfacing with project management to ensure consistent database management. The position also requires significant client contact demanding high customer service.
- Will be required to train other group members.
- May be required to troubleshoot network connectivity and login/password issues that may arise for company personnel.
- May work with the CIO office to ensure firewall rules are changed as needed.
- May Implement IP addresses as needed for new office locations.
- May provide client with user acceptance testing functionality.
- Act as a lead for their assigned database(s) by assigning work, monitoring workloads and act as day to day activity supervisor.
- Expert knowledge in their assigned database.
- Problem solving database entries from incomplete information to ensure best case situations.
- High functionality within one Turf and ability to learn multiple Turfs.
- Bring process improvement, standardized process and lessons learned for multiple Turfs/projects.
- Ability to provide canned reports from the assigned databases to provide to copany management.
- Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Quality Management System.
- Adheres to, supports and enhances the Divisions Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program.
- Ensures that assigned databases are populated with information as needed.
- Establishes partnerships with project personnel, including subcontractors and the client.
- Has a working knowledge of the company Portal and Documentum with ability to post documents.
- Maintains data integrity in all work duties.
- Completes priority tasks in time allotted.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients.
- May be requested to complete other duties or special projects as assigned.
- May be requested to obtain login/passwords for group personnel to databases.
- May provide updated information to client personnel weekly as requested.
- Must be able to analytically understand if entries are correct while entering data.
- Must have an understanding of tasks to build a cell site and working knowledge of these operations.
- Must have ability to resolve problems and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Plans and executes communication strategies to company employees in his/her assigned turf location.
- Provides weekly reports as directed.
- Working knowledge or ability to learn quickly their assigned database.
- Working knowledge of the process flow between databases.
- Working knowledge of Work Authorizations (WA) and True Up (TU) submissions.
High School Diploma or related required
3 – 4 years relevant database experience (preferred).
Experience in various Databases required
Desktop PC Basic
Microsoft Word Intermediate
Microsoft Excel Intermediate
Microsoft Power Point Basic
Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts) Intermediate
Electronic file storage system Advanced
Project Management Systems Basic
Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work) Intermediate
Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve) Intermediate
Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service) Intermediate
Workgroup's Policies & Procedures Intermediate
Division Administrative Policies & Procedures Intermediate
Division Project Policies & Procedures Basic
Respond with resume by email only to:
Marcela Castro: email@example.com