401K, Medical, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Room for Career Advancement, Great Benefits, Family Oriented Company Culture”
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure stated QA procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- File maintenance of HACCP, GMP and all Quality Assurance records and forms.
- Responsible for monitoring finished product micro results and reporting any concerns to the QA Supervisor.
- Coordinate with QA Supervisor the daily release of finished products to the market, and when necessary the destruction of finished products
- Coordinate and schedule outside lab pick up and samplings
- Conduct and collect Environmental Swabbing
- Conduct Water Test
- Perform daily a pre-operational plant inspection and authorize or not the start of processing operations.
- Perform daily a pre-operational ATP swabbing and determine based on the test results if the location swabbed needs to be re-cleaned.
- Continuously monitor that employees follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Inform QA Supervisor, Director of FSQA or Director of Production if employees are not following GMPs.
- Continuously monitor employees’ hygiene practices are Cleanliness and Hygiene Rules.
- Regularly ensure compliance of all raw materials, packaging materials, products in process, and finished products to specifications.
- Responsible for assisting with training new employees and existing employees in GMPs.
- Responsible for documented correctly QA forms used for process control.
- Ensure compliance of Finished Product SOP’s with QC Specs Check Log Sheet. Inform QA Supervisor of out-of-range results, and verify that processing adjustments are made to bring results within specifications.
- Perform daily sensory evaluations along with QA Supervisor/Production Personnel
- Monitor finished product handling, shipping, and storage conditions.
- Continuously work with Plant Operations to improve yields, efficiencies, product quality, and minimize product waste
- Back-up QA/QC Line inspectors are crossed trained and will be each other back ups.
- Math skills
- Clear understanding of GMP’s/HACCP & Sanitation Standards (training will be provided)
- Food production expertise a plus
- Communication Skills
- Knowledge of multi-culture work environment. Act as a professional at all times. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both internal and external at all levels
- Provide rapid response to any inquiries
- Professional attitude
Built upon a culture of quality and integrity; Castella is a Hauppauge, NY, family owned importer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty foods. For over 20 years, Castella's commitment to growth and innovation has enabled the organization to expand its portfolio of product offering in the food service and retail sector to over 1000 SKU's; spanning antipasto, baking & confectionery, cheeses, olives, oils, spices and seasonings, to name a few.
Castella's focus is on innovation. With a full R&D team on board as well as an in-house marketing and advertising department, Castella is able to research, develop, source and bring to market unique, custom, differentiated products from the Mediterranean and beyond.
The organization is an avid contributor to the community via donation of food to local charities and green initiatives while maintaining a mantra of social corporate responsibility.
Sound great? Apply today!
60 Davids Drive Hauppauge, Ny 11788
8 months ago